Happiness Is Merecedes Shaped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pietre

Car
Volkswagon Phaeton V10 5.0L
At last, after being seperated from my W210 for the last 11 days, I get her back today after some tender care from the bodyshop (courtesy of Mercedes) without the rust on my front wheel arches. After a quick chat with bodyshop they confirmed that new wings were fitted to both sides. What a nice result, and for those that I have had the good fortune to meet will understand that I dont fit that well into a 1.2 Corsa. That is now 2 wings, 1 bootlid, and a resprayed door, not bad for 150k miles.

Pietre said:
At last, after being seperated from my W210 for the last 11 days, I get her back today after some tender care from the bodyshop (courtesy of Mercedes) without the rust on my front wheel arches. After a quick chat with bodyshop they confirmed that new wings were fitted to both sides. What a nice result, and for those that I have had the good fortune to meet will understand that I dont fit that well into a 1.2 Corsa. That is now 2 wings, 1 bootlid, and a resprayed door, not bad for 150k miles.

Not good either in my opinion!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I agree, not good either, but I dont know of any other manufacturer who would be standing by their warranty on a car that had 150K on the clock, so I think credit where credit is due. And anyway I like my W210 even if it does have the odd problem.

Pietre said:
and for those that I have had the good fortune to meet will understand that I dont fit that well into a 1.2 Corsa.

I know what you Pietre, the same reason I went for a W140.....you gotta have space to breathe.

To be honest I don't think Kate Moss would be happy with a Coarse R, sorry Corsa.

It's good to get your own car back after a break especially if it's now better than it was before....nice one! :bannana:

Pietre said:

Give it a few months and it wont be long before the remaining unaffected panels start to rust/rot away! Exactly the same has happend on my Dad's 2004 S class W220. Once it comes back from the bodyshop it is going to be sold....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom