Happiness: The rat race

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by ash59fifty-uk, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    stwat, Happytalk73, C43AMG and 3 others like this.
  2. Headhurts

Headhurts Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes E350 Estate Night Edition
    I enjoyed the video and your analysis.

You are a much deeper thinker than me and I had to go back and watch parts of the video again.

Many things happen in life that can affect you so I guess how you turn out can be influenced by outside forces.

For myself I have had some outside influence one of which happened to me when I was around 10 years of age and at times this incident flashes back to me and has made it difficult for me to be open and trust people, that said it has not stopped me moving on.

I agree that cutting out drinking and or drugs can help.

I’m a person of extremes, I cannot just have one drink say like my wife who can come home from work and have one glass of wine whereas me well I would have to have more than one.

At the moment I’m not drinking and admit that I feel better for it, don’t get me wrong I don’t get falling down drunk but will have maybe 3 glasses or so.

We are living in a world where the population needs to be controlled and I suppose we all know this but we are leaving it to other generations to sort out, but like the demonising of diesel, if we had less people in the world or even our major cities then these vehicles would not be stationarypumping out the fumes.

From my understanding diesel emissions kill people whereas petrol emissions kill the planet, maybe someone will put me right on this if I’m wrong.

It’s far to early for me to analyse anything but a very clever video.

I’m off to have a cup of tea and play with my new iPhone Xs which will make me happy for a short while.

Robin

ash59fifty-uk and Happytalk73 like this.
  3. DoberMan

DoberMan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E Class 220cdi AMG line Sport Convertible. Gone but not forgotten, 2x190E, 2xC180, 1xB180 sport.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I enjoyed that and the short film 'Alike' from the same website.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

ash59fifty-uk likes this.
  4. Peter103

Peter103 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E 350 Bluetec 9 G Coupe.
    Happiness comes from within.

ash59fifty-uk and Happytalk73 like this.
  5. WDB124066

WDB124066 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
    Everybody needs to switch off for a while and take time out from the rat race. Discovering how you do that best is the fun bit.

ash59fifty-uk likes this.
  6. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW
    Interesting film.

I managed to get out of the corporate rat race only to discover that I am capable of creating a rat race of my own on a smaller scale. I guess that it's just human nature to be competitive.

ash59fifty-uk and markjay like this.
  7. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    Sadly, humans make progress best through unhappiness and frustration. These are great motivators.

I expect that the most successful economies would also be those that foster the highest levels of anxiety and frustration.

ash59fifty-uk and WDB124066 like this.
  8. french

french Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi TT RS 2.5 , Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 4 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
    Not sure about that mark...Zimbabwe a year or so ago springs to mind when Mugabe had created 5000%+ inflation ,no jobs & no food ,even own crops if you did not vote for his party...thats pretty intense & hardly a successful economy.

This place is pretty useless & the stress you see everyday is palpable..