Happy 10th Birthday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
to my S211.

Noticed at the weekend that it is now 10 years since it was first registered.

Got it new from MB Corporate Sales with benefit of very large discount thanks to my employer at the time, who in addition was trying to wean us all off company cars so cash came in as well.

Two weeks after I picked it up changed role and location, so and all of a sudden was no longer having to travel to work by car but sit on a train!

People keep asking me when I am going to change it. Well, there are two other cars in our household so it has only done 65,000 miles and most of that is motorway & autobahn miles. Barely run in.

Even if (or more accurately when) when the SBC pump gives the dire warning of operation limit doom that is no big deal in the greater scheme of things because I would lose many multiples of the fix cost in depreciation with a new vehicle on my own account lease payments.

So not really bangernomics, more mature fully depreciated vehicle economics.

And just to show that things do move in cycles, whilst typing this have got an email confirming a job offer following an interview last week.

Bugger! Now got to get on with all those jobs I have been putting off for the last months......

Good luck with the new job, and may your car continue to give good service.

:thumb: Your post prompted me to look at mine. 1month till it's 10th birthday. Coming up for 158000mls. Had the SBC done for free a couple of years ago. Other than some parking sensor niggles and the door locks failing it's been great.

See all those 124 owners that think their car is the bestest Merc ever built............Bull****!!!

See all those 124 owners that think their car is the bestest Merc ever built............Bull****!!!

They'll catch up in ten years time...;)

The W211 is possibly my favourite car and also the one that introduced me into the 'brand'.

I joined 3 1/2 years ago when my W124 was not quite 15 years old. It's intriguing to think that it won't be too long before the first 211 is about that age.

Loving mine too, 127000miles. Just getting round it sorting a few things. Wheels just refurbed and new tyres, one glowplug changed, new bumper trim, new turbo inlet seal fitted and new rear brake pads changed.
Just bought a new o2 sensor because I have had a upstream sensor fault code for ages, does not affect the running but want it right just need to fit it next weekend.Should see me through the winter without anything needed.

Great cars the S211's.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom