Happy Birthday ringway!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Happy Birthday Paul.

One day soon you will be nearly as old as your jokes! :D

Last minute text from Paul. He's read most of the posts and thanks you all. His broadband has gone down so can't answer.

Some excuse if you ask me. Probably still in the curry house. :bannana::D

Hope you had a fine Birthday and a great Curry :thumb:

Many thanks for the good wishes, everyone. :thumb:

I had a poor broadband connection. The connection would drop after a minute or 20 minutes.
I contacted BT on my mobile phone, and after conducting the usual checks on my telephone line, said they would send someone to investigate.

Now to the interesting part. We a creeping ivy-type plant that scales the gable end of the house quickly.
It used to cover the whole gable end, which was pretty and home to squadrons of sparrows until we had it removed a few years ago.

This plant still flourishes and is, sort of, kept in check - I don't want to destroy it.
The plant had grown around the telephone line and is very weighty.
Not for the first time, I suspected the weight of the plant on the line was causing problems.
So to avoid the BT charge of £130 if the problem was caused inside our house or garden, I sent young Ringway, Les up the ladder to cut away at the beanstalk.
I helped with the cutting lower down.
Because it was dark, and I'm stupid, I all-but cut though the telephone cable, which ensured that a dodgy broadband signal became a non-existent one.
The BT engineers repaired the cable, but I wasn't at home, so await my fate with regards to the charge.

That aside, I had a good birthday and believe it or not, a highlight of the day was learning that Sainsbury's have re-introduced their tinned spaghetti Bolognese, which is lovely on toast if cooked with a little garlic or a teaspoon of red pesto. :)

Thanks again for the good wishes. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom