Happy bunny.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpyoldgit

MB Enthusiast
Car
C270CDI Avantgarde SE
I don't very often check mpg., but did so last night and was pleasantly surprised, if the readout can be believed.

Several short local journeys in quite heavy traffic returned the following. (C270 CDI)

mpg_zps8be19d33.jpg

Does anyone know when and why the OBC resets to zero? It seems to be a daily occurance looking at the info. A mystery to me :dk:

The "Since Start" resets after some hours of non usage... so if you make service station stops it stilll counts them in.

The Since Reset resets only when you reset using the button on the side of the instrument cluster.

My 2002 C220cdi OBC resets after being switched off for 4 hours.

Use the 'Up' and 'Down' arrows on the buttons to cycle through 'After start', 'Since reset' and 'Range'.

'After start' is just that, it measures the consumption since the car was last started. It stays live for a few hours after switch off so rest breaks don't skew it.

'Since reset' is the total consumption, mileage and 'on time' since this figure was last reset.

'Range' gives you the car's best guess as to the remaining mileage in the tank at current consumption.

...and you should go an see Alfie for 'Delete UK Mode' ;)

Sounds good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom