Happy C207 E250 coupe owner thinking of C238

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMAY529

Car
MB E250 Coupe
I have the happy owner of two C207 E250 coupes over the past 8 years or so. Initially I had a 2010 model E250 C207 and later replaced it with the updated 2015 C207 model. I have to say I have been very happy with both. I have found them very reliable, comfortable, flexible for a coupe (back seats fold down, takes all my golf gear, etc), good performance and good ecomony for the performance especially on long trips, love the panoramic roof and fold down windows on nice days so overall very happy. I am now thinking about my next move and would welcome any feedback from anyone who has owned a C207 and replaced it with the new model C238 and how the new model compares.

The C207 (E-Class Coupe) was based on the W204 (C-Class Saloon). The C238 is a new floorplan design.

My C207 250cdi owned from new in 2012. 70k mileage now and averaged a true 49mpg. Reliable and no rattles etc. So when I even thought about a change, as I have never kept a car for 8+ years, I decided that I shall keep this car until it shows any signs of a potential pricey problem. The car, as you will know, is still a head-turner!

I had a 2013 facelift & 2016 edition E220d both with pano roof , needed four doors hence the "C" class. I miss the 207 purely for the look , both cars on 19"AMG alloys , I 've been tempted to go back to a coupe but the C238 doesn't quite appeal to me , I think the shortened pano roof spoils the overall look especially the rear profile.

I'm not too keen on the roundness of the c238 shell . The 3 air vents in the middle are terrible asthstetics by design and the rope light interior .. but each to their own ,if you like it and can afford it . Go for it.... im very happy with my 17 plate e350 c207 ..

I have a 2019 E coupe 2.0d [think it a C238 but dont know} It has widescreen dash leather airmatic 20" wheels and a prem plus.The ride is pretty good but it has run flats [first chance they gone] 9 speed box really good and goes well and good on fuel.

An update: As a very happy owner of two E250 C207's coupes with panoramic roof I am now the proud and happy owner of a 2019 C238 E220d AMG with the new style panoramic roof for the past 6 months. The following are a few of my thoughts for anyone considering the same move.

It is interesting that my original C207 (2010) got a lot of favourable comment, my 2015 model never got any comment but my latest C238 with I think what is called an anthracite grey colour (looks like a golden grey colour to me) gets lots of favourable comment, more than any car I have ever owned.

The C238 has slightly more space inside than the C207, especially the back seats.

At first I did not like the new style panoramic roof but I quickly found it as good, if not better, than the old style one.

I miss not having a spare wheel (the C207's had a spare) and dread the day I might get a puncture, especially in some of the more remote areas I occasionally travel to.

The front doors on the C238 are very heavy with the handle placed very forward making it difficult to control the door when exiting in tight spaces. It would benefit from a handle further back in the door

I find the C238 220d has better fuel economy than the C207. Performance at lower speeds is better (slightly) with the C238 but I would say that the C207 E250 (twin turbo) had a slight advantage at higher speeds.

All in all a very comfortable and roomy coupe to drive and I am very happy with the change. The only down side was that the change cost this time was considerably greater than previously

Glad your pleased with your new motor, love the interior on those, the turbine vents and ambient lighting, aswell as the digital dash look great. Mercedes do make nice coupe's. Enjoy. 😎🙂👍

My C207s were 2013 silver and 2016 white and the black pano roof was a plain contrast to these colours. I think with the grey on the C238 the short roof wouldn't be as noticeable.

The one other thing I forgot to mention was that I do NOT like the absence of a spare wheel (even space saver) on the C238 as I sometimes find myself in the far corners of the country on golfing trips and dread that I might get a puncture... so far, so good... otherwise love the C238

The one other thing I forgot to mention was that I do NOT like the absence of a spare wheel (even space saver) on the C238 as I sometimes find myself in the far corners of the country on golfing trips and dread that I might get a puncture... so far, so good... otherwise love the C238
Plenty on eBay , used and new , I got my c207 spare off there for £30 . I now carry a plug set and a small bottle jack . Great bit of kit tbh .

Plenty on eBay , used and new , I got my c207 spare off there for £30 . I now carry a plug set and a small bottle jack . Great bit of kit tbh .
Yes, I was thinking of one. What spec wheel/tyre did you go for? The only trouble is that I don't think it will fit under the boot floor as in the C207

Yes, I was thinking of one. What spec wheel/tyre did you go for? The only trouble is that I don't think it will fit under the boot floor as in the C207
I bought a spare for a c207 by the mercedes parts number .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom