Happy Chappy - My C350 CDI Sport 125 Edition + Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimDut

Car
Soon... A35 Saloon
2.jpg
I picked her up on Friday afternoon and had a cracking drive back from Stockport to Stafford on the country roads.

The other half has decided to call her 'Snowy'... what can I say, I used to like TinTin.

I've only ever driven the pre facelift C350 and fell in love with that straight away... this just seems worlds apart again... definitely a different feeling car to drive, not just in terms of power, but gearbox and indeed ratios.

I've done about 400 miles so far, a good mix of rural, town and motorway.

I think its rare to get into a car and feel instantly 'at home' someone said in another thread how it can feel like three different cars because of the lovely 7g box and how right they are.

A lovely, easy car to mooch around in town and residential areas, then (bearing in mind I'm keeping things low key whilst I run in) in Sport and Manual she's a bloody beast!! God knows how the C63 lad's skin isn't peeled back if this is what a 3.0L diesel can do!!

The strange experience was the Friday going to pick her up. I had built a high expectation in terms of looks, quality and drive-ability. I think anyone would agree, unconsciously you don't want to have too high of expectations in case you're let down... the fact is, Snowy has utterly blown me away, far exceeding my expectations!

Looks wise, I think the pre-facelift is a good looking car, but I absolutely love the facelift, the interior quality is a good step in the right direction and now compares to the new E Class.

In terms of gadgets and functions, even though I've read about them, I'm still impressed! There are so many little things, which although daft, I love right from some of the controls, the centre computer in the speedometer to the neon looking white side lights.

It feels a very very solid car. Whilst I didn't expect it to be the best handling thing out there, it does feel safe and planted at sensible, legal speeds on country roads.

The brakes are lovely and bite hard. The ECO feature, whilst initially a little annoying, I now see there is actually a way to hold it on the brake without the ECO kicking in... (for those that don't know) press that little bit harder, the ECO kicks in, then releasing the brake pedal starts the engine again.

The steering feel precise and adaptive to the speed. There is a little more body roll than I would have liked, but the lovely front seats hold you in firm... not such the case for any rear seat passengers.

She certainly seems a head turner, perhaps the colour helps, not many being on the road probably helps too... and of course, the 'look at me' daytime running lights attract attention.

The Comand Online is excellent. I've used a Nav50 before, which was ok, but not being able to enter full postcodes was crazy. You can with this Comand and the general graphical improvements are good.

I cannot use the online feature as there is a iPhone4 internet tethering issue, however being able to sit in, leaving my phone in my pocket and play my music and make calls if needed is fantastic.

I love how you can chose one function such as Sat Nav to show in the main centre console, whilst having say the music on the speedometer screen.... talking of music... the Harmon Kardon speakers are excellent, albeit, they need a little more time to bed in.

The intelligent lighting is excellent on the whole... I secretly hoped they'd improved the auto high beam, as its not exactly perfect on my old man's E350... unfortunately its still the same, not dipping when it should... however its a case of doing the good old manual flick of the switch off... I just wish when flicking on, it came on instantly.

Right, I have plenty more driving to do and more time to experience the car.

In case you'd hadn't gathered, I think Snowy and I will be in for a good relationship.

Her Details:

C350 CDI Sport 125 Edition
Calcite White
Pan Roof
Comand Online
Full Black Leather
Heated Front Seats
Harmon Kardon 5.1
Aluminium interior trim

265Bhp / 600Nm
0-60 in 6 seconds

Here she is:

2.jpg
2.jpg
http://www.fordstoc.com/merc
3.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:
A cracking looking car and excellent review! I think you and Snowy are gonna get along very well! :)

Just one thing - you blanked out your reg number in all pics except image 5....

Cracking car, perfect combination!

What do you think of the standard suspension?

I wish the 350 CDI engine was available in the Coupe :(

Bpsorrel thanks for pointing that matey :)

Fuji suspension seems great, little too much body roll for my liking, but then i've had good handling Fords in the past. Of course there's much more to just suspension being guilty of the body roll.

It handles typical lumps and bumps very well and doesn't upset the balance, plus it doesn't feel crashy.

The wheels do look really good on a white car. Great choice and if I wasn't quite so tight / doing a 100 mile a day commute I would have gone for the 350

C or E350 cdi has to be one of the best all round cars there is. Power with economy.

I have to admit to not being a huge fan of the new wheel design though. Was happy mine had the 17"s fitted.

Nice!

Hi! Nice car!

I just ordered mine yesterday - with Comfort ventilated seats, HK Stereo, DAB, Aluminium Trim, 7 Spoke wheels, in metallic Magnetite with Capuccino interior - hope its nice!

Ive a couple of questions - did yours come with ECO start stop as I notice the brochure says the V6 doesnt have it? Also did you order the dynamic handling pack or does the ECO/SPORT/MANUAL switch next to the gear lever come as standard?

Have fun!

ITSERVE:D

What do people think about the 'keyability' of this car - does it look really flash or no more flashy really than a BMW 320D M Sport?

Hey congrats, that's one gorgeous looking car...perfect spec and the colour is spot on with the Pan Roof :thumb:

I definitely prefer the Calcite to Diamond white - just more classy imo.

Hi itserve - ECO start stop is standard as far as I am aware. I didn't get the dynamic handling package, would love to know what its like, so please let me know.

The switch for E/S/M is standard

You've got a really nice set of options there, I've driven a SL350 with the vented seats, they're excellent.

I do sometimes wished I'd asked for the red leather seats to break up the black inside, but I am very happy with the black leather... looking forward to seeing your pics.

All the best with it and keep us updated.

Jim

car looks great but I do wonder about the ability to keep it clean. A white car that is not clean does not look good at all whereas other colours 'hide' the dirt more!

I've never found black too good at hiding dirt... :(

Yup, but keeps the Serbian car wash in work! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom