Happy Days & the Fun side of driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

meoldbangar

Car
C180 W202
There's me driving my newly aquired old Ford Anglia.My girlfriend in the Passenger seat and the sun was shining. Getting onto the motorway I stopped
on the slip road hardshoulder and the Girlfriend climbed into the driving seat and off we went. Within 1/2 mile we were stopped by a motorway bobby. Allo Allo he said (and with a smile) "Giving your girlfriend a bit of motorway experience"

We both looked at him and we could of knocked him over with feather as she got out her full licence (I was the learner)lol

Years ago (about 1976) my boss was stopped on the slip road after pulling off the motorway - he'd been a bit enthusiastic with the loud pedal. Copper asked for his driving licence - boss said "OK, but it's in Arabic as I live and work in Qatar and am in UK as a visitor, returning to Qatar in 4 days time". Copper took his licence, looked at it and said "Did you realise this licence ran out 5 days ago?? I was 12 years in the Royal Jordan police, but am probably the only copper in UK that can read Arabic. Now make sure you get it renewed when you get back - and keep off the loud pedal!!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom