Happy Modding Day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
For those of you who remember I bought my very rare W204 C350 Elegance just over two years ago. When I got it I knew I would have to add a few mods and on the first day I owned it I took it to Comand Online at Lightwater where they expertly installed Comand with 6 DVD changer and Linguatronic.

Then a short while latter I installed LED rear lights and face lift LED wing mirrors (myself!).Oh and I mustn't forget my new wheels.

Soon it was back to Comand for the paddleshift mod and a new Steering wheel, which as is documented elsewhere, is fantastic mod.

Well it's been ages since I had a mod and, having decided to keep my car, it was time to go back around the M25 to Comand again!

I have now added a couple of Harmon Kardon Tweeters (which have transformed the sound of my music), MB Club sporty pedal covers! (I know....!) and best of all Comand have installed fully integrated DAB into my car. It is awesome. It is as factory ie. it displays in the cluster, on the Comand Unit and is also controlled by Linguatronic. It is fantastic and I can now drive around shouting "next ensemble", which is a new command in the context menu.

A couple of snaps below show how it appears in the menu's.

A huge thank you to Richard and Mark for their expert assistance as ever. I was so chuffed that when I got home, I rung my new valeter and he is now giving my car a polish up :) A very Happy Modding day :)

DSCN0707_zps81c70b2f.jpg

DSCN0705_zps23d8ffbe.jpg

DSCN0706_zps7880c056.jpg

Having done the DAB mod, I've got the bug for modding again-watch this space :bannana:

Last edited:
Supercharged M156 transplanted in next then R2.

Last edited by a moderator:
What year is your C350? My 08 doesn't have that screen you have. It has the 12 button steering wheel though with the speech button, but it does nothing.

How much was all the modifications they did?

My car is a 2008 Elegance and it had a 12 button (4 spokes) steering wheel. Comand will do the paddleshift mod for £150 for mbc members providing you source your own paddleshift wheel. I got mine on ebay (and the new one that arrives next week :) )

The other mods like Comand and DAB you need to talk to Mark or Richard at Comand about, suffice to say they do it properly which is why I keep going back :)

Great. Mine is also an 08 Elegance ( as you can see in my avatar picture ).

I may have to make some enquires. :)

Great. Mine is also an 08 Elegance ( as you can see in my avatar picture ).

I may have to make some enquires. :)

Paddleshift is a hoot because you can effectively preselect a gear for a bend :)

AMG Kit, but keep the Elegance grill...!

As far as I know, noone in the UK has done it

End of the day and post Dodo Rainforest Rub polish.

DAB

DSCN0709_zps28f2119a.jpg

COMAND DVD

DSCN0710_zpsb2a94ae5.jpg

Paddleshift

DSCN0708_zps4ae8d5b0.jpg

Summer wheels and LED mirrors

DSCN0715_zps9f52d9ee.jpg

LED rear lights

DSCN07191_zps7c941213.jpg

Dodo Rainforest Rub!

DSCN0718_zpsc38d2ef5.jpg

DSCN0716_zps260427e3.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you are pleased with it. Always a pleasure to see you and chat.

I'm hoping we can now offer Factory like integrated DAB at a more affordable price. Watch this space.

Impressed as always - now what can I do to the SLK I wonder????

Paddleshift, Comand, Linguatronic, DAB, TV, Speaker upgrade. heated seats..............have fun deciding :)

Glad you are pleased with it. Always a pleasure to see you and chat.

I'm hoping we can now offer Factory like integrated DAB at a more affordable price. Watch this space.

The Dab is beautifully integrated in the menus and on Linguatronic. Thanks for sorting my firmware issue as well.

Come on Mr Postman! Next mod due today.... :)

A day late but installed at last and working properly. Rear view camera is an aftermarket one which I felt blocked too much light from the number plate lamp. Several hours of dremmeling later and it now is mounted the factory correct, previously blanked hole. I must be mad!

20141004_153351_zps910bf55e.jpg

Thanks Comand online for sorting my rear view camera firmware issue. Without your help I wouldn't have got it working today:)

A day late but installed at last and working properly. Rear view camera is an aftermarket one which I felt blocked too much light from the number plate lamp. Several hours of dremmeling later and it now is mounted the factory correct, previously blanked hole. I must be mad!

20141004_153351_zps910bf55e.jpg

Thanks Comand online for sorting my rear view camera firmware issue. Without your help I wouldn't have got it working today:)

Looks a very neat and tidy job.

Hmm. I've never looked at the back of an Audio 20 unit. Comand has a green Fakra socket specifically for the camera. Alfie or Richard will have the definitive answer.

Nice work ! What next I wonder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom