Happy New Year from Torbay Parking Services

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smiley

MB Enthusiast
New years day in Devon; almost deserted car park next to the beach in Paignton and cars parked out on the approach road which is legal in the winter months......well for all of the road except the last 3 car lengths which is past the arrow sign saying "no parking May - September".
And guess who is out there writing tickets for the hapless owners who did not spot the sign. Nice New year day surprise from the parking authority of Torbay.
What a petty thing to do on New Years Day - they must have had to pay the guy double time to be out there. What a sign of the "money grabbing fine anyone you can" times.

ps I did not get a ticket.

Its

a) a jobsworth mentality thats so wrong with modern Britain
b) a collosall waste of public money to be paying salaries of £18,000 pa to these apes that call themselves parking wardens.

Rather than putting up VAT, they should cut back on these "apes". They are not essential to life in Britain.

To be fair to the guy he did not look like an ape - looked quite a nice chap just doing his job I guess. Not just the cost of his salary but also the cost of his Torbay Parking Services company Vectra to drive around in catching the deadly criminals.
Some mgt tw*t in Torbay Parking Services obviously thought it was a good idea and that they would make a profit on new years day.

I came across these chaps in the summer. On the one hand their stupid multi-story ramp nearly destroyed my exhaust. On the other they let us eat our Fish and Chips by the sea without moving us on....

Sometimes when its that cold, the only way to keep warm is to write out those tickets:devil:

Apparently 200,000 people are employed in 'parking enforcement'. Got to pay their wages and make a profit somehow.
crazy.gif

I'm sure I heard on local radio the other day that parking enforcement in Devon makes a loss.

Where I live they are particularly hot on it, problem is, the only place you can park (other than Tesco, Marks and Spencer, both for free) is the newish Multi Storey car park which is next to the brand new shiny council offices (whilst the rest of the town turns to rat s***) which is full of council employee cars who get to park there for FREE!

Mind you, plenty of spaces if you get there before 10 or after 3 .......hmmmmmmm

Rant over - for now

Where I live they are particularly hot on it, problem is, the only place you can park (other than Tesco, Marks and Spencer, both for free) is the newish Multi Storey car park which is next to the brand new shiny council offices (whilst the rest of the town turns to rat s***) which is full of council employee cars who get to park there for FREE!

Mind you, plenty of spaces if you get there before 10 or after 3 .......hmmmmmmm

Rant over - for now

Reminds me of the superb Ring & Ride facility in Dorchester.

The bus drops off directly outside the doors to the Council offices, but a 10 minute walk from the town centre. Empty buses until 1500 when there's an exodus, from err the Council offices. The council offices with insufficient on-site parking that is.

I'm sure the drop off point is purely coincidental, and the facility has been introduced to reduce town centre traffic, as a service for the local community, and as a means of bringing visitors to the town, and has absolutely nothing to do with insufficent parking. ;)

i'm sure i heard on local radio the other day that parking enforcement in devon makes a loss.

Where i live they are particularly hot on it, problem is, the only place you can park (other than tesco, marks and spencer, both for free) is the newish multi storey car park which is next to the brand new shiny council offices (whilst the rest of the town turns to rat s***) which is full of council employee cars who get to park there for free!

mind you, plenty of spaces if you get there before 10 or after 3 .......hmmmmmmm

rant over - for now

roflmao

I'm sure I heard on local radio the other day that parking enforcement in Devon makes a loss.

Doesn't surprise me considering they can't even write my number plate down right :doh:

Unsurprisingly, I ignored the PCN, and they didn't bother to chase it.

....also the cost of his Torbay Parking Services company Vectra to drive around in catching the deadly criminals.

I hope he parked it legally when he stopped to issue tickets :dk:

I hope he parked it legally when he stopped to issue tickets :dk:

He parked it in their own car park....it did occur to me to ask him where his ticket was :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom