Hard to find any W211 E350’s for sale but a lot of E280’s etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bizzle80

Car
Mercedes
I have been looking around recent for a clean Mercedes w211 E350 2006-2008 face lift model but can hardly come across any! There is plenty of 280’s etc. Seems hard to find.

That's because they didn't sell many.

Facelift also meant end of product life was looming

Have a play with www.howmanyleft.co.uk.

Ah yes it seems there was not many available at all so the chances of me finding it are going to be tough! Thanks
Maybe i'll take a look at some e280 but was hoping for the e350 saloon.
Understood, guv. Been there, got the tee-shirt.

I used to scratch my head at the shortage of supply of highly spec'd powerful petrol used estate cars. And then howmanyleft came along and I could see how few of the wretched things were sold in the first place.

I'm no expert of the E280, but owners of CLK's, SLK's and C's will comment that the 280's the better car - for economy, ride comfort / wheel sizes, day to day usage and VFM. "But I know where you're coming from."

Also not help by the balancer shaft issue which probably sent a few % of the limited amount actually sold to the scrappy in the sky 😜

Understood, guv. Been there, got the tee-shirt.

I used to scratch my head at the shortage of supply of highly spec'd powerful petrol used estate cars. And then howmanyleft came along and I could see how few of the wretched things were sold in the first place.

I'm no expert of the E280, but owners of CLK's, SLK's and C's will comment that the 280's the better car - for economy, ride comfort / wheel sizes, day to day usage and VFM. "But I know where you're coming from."
Yeah I was driving the other day and see a 350 and thought I would take a look online and can literally not see any 07-09 unless there based abroad

I’ll go try and couple off 280’s. I just like the 350 badge on the back haha

Also not help by the balancer shaft issue which probably sent a few % of the limited amount actually sold to the scrappy in the sky 😜
Good rhetoric but it looks like only half of those E280's have died, compared to 25 of these E350's were scrapped, some two thirds still around after 15 years.

You'd struggle to find large saloons that last so long.

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 17.36.47.png

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 17.30.08.png

Last edited:
You have a good chance of finding high spec, bigger displacement, low mileage, rust-free models in Japan. Getting them imported will take about 2-4 months.

I had the same thing when I was looking for a W211 E500 five years ago, there just aren't that many around. Have you considered the C219 CLS350, as it's basically a W211 underneath but with slightly less practicality, being a 4 seater? That's the route I ended up taking as the CLS500 is a fair bit more plentiful than the E500, meaning there is much more choice. May be the same with the E350 / CLS350.

I’m on the look out for a nice well maintained w211 e280 or e320 if anyone hears of one. Many thanks guys. Will pop a WTB up when I hit the 30 post count. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom