Hard wire a Dash cam to 2010 ML, rear fuse box has no power to most fuses 😳

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keithboytry

Car
2010 ML
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for some help.

I am trying to hardwire a dash cam into the rear (boot) fuse box on my 2010 ML. I have hardwired my son’s and wife’s cars (not mercedes) with no problems. I followed a video on YouTube by PJs Projects and when I test the specific rear fuse (46 I think) there is no power with the ignition on or car running. There seems to be no power to any of the fuses in the box bar two: a 30 amp and a 20amp which are both permanently live. The tester i am using works etc 😩 and there is nothing wrong with anything in the car which is really strange.

is there some thing I am missing?

I have tested the fuses within the other fuse box by the passengers door and they are all permanently live so proves the tester works.

thanks for any help as the dashcam is plugged into the cigarette lighter atm and look ugly.

Hi all, new to this forum and looking for some help.

I am trying to hardwire a dash cam into the rear (boot) fuse box on my 2010 ML. I have hardwired my son’s and wife’s cars (not mercedes) with no problems. I followed a video on YouTube by PJs Projects and when I test the specific rear fuse (46 I think) there is no power with the ignition on or car running. There seems to be no power to any of the fuses in the box bar two: a 30 amp and a 20amp which are both permanently live. The tester i am using works etc 😩 and there is nothing wrong with anything in the car which is really strange.

is there some thing I am missing?

I have tested the fuses within the other fuse box by the passengers door and they are all permanently live so proves the tester works.

thanks for any help as the dashcam is plugged into the cigarette lighter atm and look ugly.
Where’s the fuse for the cigarette lighter (maybe another fuse location in the engine compartment?) consult the fuse location diagram and piggy back off that perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom