Hardtop Stands for SL

top_trucker

Car
SL420, Honda 2.2i Accord
MB have just told me that a stand for my hardtop would be £225 + Vat - Ouch

Does anybody know where I can get one a little cheaper, and not as flimsey as the poxey thing my dealer wanted to sell me.
Top_Trucker

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
They do show up on ebay surprisingly regularly - just keep an eye out each week. Dont forget to look in the German ebay too ;)

I seem to remember someone here picked one up not so long ago for a crate of wine or something!

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), E63 Weistec AMG(SOLD), E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
go to www.bluestarmercedes.co.uk and email them the part number, he will give you a price , send him a cheque and you will have the part delivered!

i can vouch for this company as ive spent over a grand with them now, and they have saved me on avarage 40% on OEM parts!

all parts are original Merc too!

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by Alps
go to www.bluestarmercedes.co.uk and email them the part number, he will give you a price , send him a cheque and you will have the part delivered!
According to their website they're in Manchester too :) I guess I could pick up an item if someone wanted it for the GTG and shipping would then be free, although if I'm still driving a rented fiat punto we might have trouble transporting large items anywhere!

Malc

£194 inc VAT from here: link
For pricelist click Links then Main Site then Pricelist.

OP
OP
T

top_trucker

Car
SL420, Honda 2.2i Accord
Thanks all, however having search the web all afternoon i came across a website that makes stands for all types of cars (mainly SL`s) and they sell at £100 http://www.hardtopstands.com I spoke to the guy and they sound good and have a 20 years guarantee, does anybody have any advice on this stand .
TT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom