Hardwiring phone & dashcam into a C204/W204 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garycat

Car
2014 C Class 220CDI Coupe
I've recently bought a 2014 C Class Coupe and would like to hardwire the phone mount and perhaps a dashcam. The phone mount is the excellent Brodit centre mount but the lead trails down to the 12v socket at the moment.

IMG_0001.jpg

I want the phone mounted there because I use the sat nav from it. So, I have bought a twin USB hardwire kit from amazon that can provide a couple of USB power sockets and I will probably mount behind the side panel on the passenger side of the dash.

51Ty%2BmprS4L.jpg

My two choice of wiring are :

a) Remove the 12v lighter socket and tap a wire on to that, then somehow run it around the back of the radio, over the glovebox to the side panel.

b) Run a wire from the fusebox in the boot somehow along the side of the interior and up to the side panel.

Has anyone done this and can give me some tips and ideas?

Hope this helps, went to my local auto electrician and £60 later dash cam hardwired to boot fuse box with cables through the sills not under the carpets, works brilliantly...

Hope this helps, went to my local auto electrician and £60 later dash cam hardwired to boot fuse box with cables through the sills not under the carpets, works brilliantly...

Yeah, getting a pro to do it may be the best answer.

I have my phone to the right of the steering wheel. It's hard wired in on my W212. Try this. Open the drivers door. Ping the end panel off the dash. There's loads of room behind. I picked power up easily off the back of the OBD port.

I have my phone to the right of the steering wheel. It's hard wired in on my W212. Try this. Open the drivers door. Ping the end panel off the dash. There's loads of room behind. I picked power up easily off the back of the OBD port.

Yeah I considered that position but I couldn't find a decent mount to fix the phone to the A pillar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom