Harman Kardon iPod thingy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Good morning-Has anyone used one of the Harman Kardon iPod Play and Drive devices? I have an FM transmitter for the iPod, but the reception is awful. This unit seems to have a wired FM modulator that plugs inline with the antenna connection at the back of your radio..Are they any good, recption wise?

http://www.121electricals.com/detail.asp/sku=Drive and Play

I have one, i used the FM thing, but still got a little interference... now use it through the AUX socket..

Ok, thanks Jay. Before you used the aux socket, did you use the wireless FM transmitter which is built in or the wired FM modulator? (sorry to get all tekkie):D

No the modulator... didnt even know it had its own transmitter (infact im pretty sure it doesnt)..

I still have my old FM transmitter, that just annoyed me... the HK was a lot better, but still get interference.. now its through AUX, almost CD quality...
luckily my sony head unit has an AUX in on the front of it...

Ummm...I'm have ordered one as the transmitter I had for the iPod was rubbish. I liked the idea of the wired fm modulator connection. I hope it's ok, or it will be going straight back. Unfortunately I don't have an Aux In socket on the head unit in the Jeep.:mad:

Ummm...I'm have ordered one as the transmitter I had for the iPod was rubbish. I liked the idea of the wired fm modulator connection. I hope it's ok, or it will be going straight back. Unfortunately I don't have an Aux In socket on the head unit in the Jeep.:mad:

you might be able to get a cable online that fools the head unit into thinking its a CD autochanger and give you an aux in ;)

DUnno where you get em , but i know you can get them.

the trick is to find a frequency that is nowhere near any other radio station! HK is preset to something like 88, but i would tune the radio to a point where there is zero reception from any stations and then set the HK to transmit at that frequency...

The only problem is that if you drive to london a lot (like i do) then there arent many free FM stations!

Jay, you are not wrong there. Even here in leafy Surrey the Jeep's radio picks up billions of stations and that's parked in the garage.

Fuzzer-Cheers for the comment-I have already explored that option but I already have an adapter in the rear of the head unit so I can run an aftermarket Kenwood 10 disc changer with the standard head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom