Harman kardon quite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rivabill

Car
2005 Mercedes c220 Dci estate
Hi all
Just got a c220 Dci on a 55 plate and the Harman kardon radio/cd player seems quite and loads of treble !
Turned up the base to max and the treble down to min, any ideas please.
Thanks for your time
Kind regards
Bill

Oh not got the manual !

I'd make sure the balance and fader are set to the middle...

It's possible your woofers are blown but seems unlikely they all are.

Or someone has upgraded the system once and then removed the kit leaving tweeters...

I'm not an expert but could the amplifier be receiving a lack of power somehow? Maybe a poor electrical connection? It sounds like it's chocking on input power. It takes more energy to move a 1 or 2 inch tweeter than it does to move a 8 inch woofer...

Most stereo manuals are available online. That is how I got mine.

I am not sure what the speaker config is in your car but if all the bass is missing then it is most likely at the head unit. I say this because you would have at least two subs in a higher end merc system and for both to be blown at exactly the same time would be quite an achievement.

I had a 144db sounds car a few years ago and we were losing volume. Spent ages looking and testing wires and it turned out to be a loose connector in one of the main amps. Annoying thing was it only fell loose when the amp was fitted in its downward angle bracket, it was fine when we lifted it out to test!

Is there a setup page somewhere that has a graphic equaliser?

The PO may have set it up that way!

Bass should always be low, and treble set to 7.5/8.0 (out of 10) not the other way round!

There is surround, normal and voice but that's it as far as it goes, I've tried that way mate but just loads of treble and no bass !
I have a vw van and the loudness would be about a quarter of the max volume of the merc.
Thanks for all the replies

Get access to each one of the bass speakers... wind it up and if you can't see the cones moving, you either are not supplying them with any bass (equalisation problem) or the voice coils are rubbing on the magnets (overheated due to overdriving).

No real fix for the latter, except speaker replacement.

My brother looked at it and there's two wires that go to the amp with red lights, one of them is light but the other is not so think found the problem now just need to find out what's at fault
If no one puts a reply saying what the fault is then I will post when I know.
Thanks to all for the help

You've found the fiber optic cable...should have only one light.

That is the fibre-optic circuit.
It has an "in" and an "out".
The "in" is lit with a signal coming into the unit and the corresponding socket will have the light ready to send down the unlit "wire" to the next item in the circuit.

Bloody spell check.......quiet
Teach me for not paying attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom