harman kardon to ntg2.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rupan46

Car
r class
hi
i had a harman kardon system on my 2006 r class as it broke i bought a ntg2.5 hdd dvd comand. problem is every thing is working but no sound from the speakers, any body can help me to resolve please

Try:

www.comandonline.co.uk.

They will also have any additional bits that you may need (adaptors etc).

Richard and Alfie are forum members and very helpful (not to mention first class experts...).

The HK amp in NTG2 (what you had before) and NTG2.5 is different. However, on some ML/GL/R class the old amp does work - and I haven't yet worked out which ones do and dont.

The first thing you must do is ensure it is the only thing on the fibre optic network - i.e bypass and phone controller, CDC, voice recognition controller, etc

Then you must have the NTG2.5 coded to use an external amplifier.

Then see if it works. If it doesn't you have to put the new NTG2.5 amplifier in and subwoofer amplifier also, and a new speaker wiring loom (which can be spliced to the current one for most of the wiring)

Cheers

Richard

BTW, if your car does not have the Harmon Kardon amplifier system, then it is just a case of correctly coding the NTG2.5 unit for "internal amplifier" !

R

thank you for your replay i thing mine has hk amp system. better to reinstall the one support hk system.
and how easy to by pass the amplifier if i need put a system with amp built in please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom