Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Saw it this morning - expected three hours - was about 2 hours 5 mins or so. Is much darker than the prev three and misses a lot out from the book. The actors are now struggling to look the part - they are not 13 years old now and Ron, Draco and Neville in particular are looking too old. Michael Gambon plays a very different but very good Dumbledore, special effects fabby as ever.

The opening sequence where Harry's Aunt blows up - like a balloon - not the explosive type - is very funny. The Knight bus - hilarious - if much abridged from the book. A must see for all HP fans - and it has been made with HP fans in mind and I can see non HP fans wondering what some of it was about. Prepare to see a very different Hogwarts and Hogsmead too. Lots of cameo roles from famous actors too - see who you an spot!!

We took Josh, my 10 year old, and his 7 year old cousin as a surprise - they had no idea what was going on - they were over the moon and the film did not disappoint them either.

Glad that I read the last paragraph, as I was going to ask why you were spending Bank Hoilday Monday watching a film. Sad anyway. :D :D

Kids are a great excuse...

We just got back from the cinema, I thought this film was the best yet. Gary Oldman play a good Sirius Black.

Films of the book are often a disapointment but this one makes a goos account of itself - go and see it - even if you haven't got kids.

So what's next, Shrek 2. :bannana:

The son of a chap who works for me is best freinds with Rupert Grint who plays the Ginger one so he gets to go to all the premiers and so on.
Cant stand the films myself though, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom