Harry's Razors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I use Gillette Fusion (triple blades). My stubble is pretty tough and the maximum I'd get out of one would be about ten shaves. I probably shave five times a week (daily if I'm in the office) so about two weeks if that's all I'm using.

Recently, though, my skin seems to have been reacting to shaving foam so I've bought a Braun Series 7 as an alternative. It's a lot better than electric shavers of old and gives an OK shave - It's not nearly as good as a wet shave and it can't cope with more that one day's growth so I typically start the week with a wet shave and then go leccie from there.

For example, as I typically work from home on Friday by Sunday I've often got four days' growth so I'll do an initial wet shave today or first thing tomorrow and use the Braun Tues/Wed/Thu.

Harry the spiders coming out party ! (geez, how old am I )

I thought the Who sang about Boris the Spider :D

Back to original post, I still use electric Philishave, couldn't stand all the messing about with foam and blades.

Occam's

Can everybody please stop telling me how many weeks their razor lasts and start telling me how many SHAVES they get out of it. I know some shave every day but others might not.

I thank you for your kind understanding on this sensitive , personal (grooming) matter. :rolleyes:
I'd assume (though we know what that means) that "everyday" is correct.

Well for those who give up wet saving for a electric razor,you will find it will take a few weeks before you start to get a decent save,the same goes from those leaving a electric shaver to a wet shave,when you wet save the bristles are all in a line when you electric shave they are all pointing which way,so if you change you should give it at least a month .

Blade life of a bit longer than a week is quite a short life I would say. I use one Hydro 5 cartridge approximately for a month before changing it and my facial hair is a bit on a harder side as on my avatar.

Can everybody please stop telling me how many weeks their razor lasts and start telling me how many SHAVES they get out of it. I know some shave every day but others might not.

I thank you for your kind understanding on this sensitive , personal (grooming) matter. :rolleyes:
5 shaves per week so something like 20-25 shaves per blade

No, I haven’t used Harry’s razors just because I haven’t seen them in local shops. Availability of razor cartridges is a paramount for me so until this changes I’ll keep using Wilkinson Hydro 5.
Why you are not impressed with Harry’s? Online reviews are not so bad tbh.

I thought the UsP of Harry’s is that they deliver to your door - Ie sell direct and avoid the retailer markup?

I use Boldking ( BOLDKING ). A Dutch company which I can happily recommend.

11goh13.jpg

Fantastic customer service, 'different' blade design whereby they are spaced wider apart which results in no tugging and a closer shave I find. The blades are also nice and flexible so in contours nicely on your jaw and neck. Handle is made of a durable rubber and never really needs to be replaced, and they send a box of 4 blades at whatever frequency you request (weekly, fortnight, monthly, as and when depending on how often you need to shave)

Just ordered the BOLDKING starter set, will report back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom