Has anyone changed the exhaust of yours A35?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deluke44

Car
A35
Has anyone changed the exhaust of yours A35 guys? I'd like to buy a Milltek Race cat-back cause I don't wanna remap my car!

That post is 5 months old, Acid, plus I think he lives in New York, so a tad far to come. :)

How are you able to decat, isn't that illegal?

It will need to go back on at MOT time.....and of costs there is the risk of a £1000 fine for driving it on the public highway. With my luck certainly not something I would chance. Insurance could be void too.

It will need to go back on at MOT time.....and of costs there is the risk of a £1000 fine for driving it on the public highway. With my luck certainly not something I would chance. Insurance could be void too.
My luck is pretty bad too. It took me a year to decide on gpf delete on my previous car. Felt a massive relief when it went back on. I’m just too much of a wuss for modifications like these lol

Does the exhaust sound different aftermarket? Theres only so much you can do with a 4 pot 2 litre engine and exhaust note wise. It was one of the many gripes about my A45.

AMG engines are hand assembled (as are many others out there) not sure if every single part is balanced and 'blueprinted' , all the factory videos I have seen just show one person assembling an engine from bits that arrive from elsewhere.

Very good chance that each piston and rod is weighed and matched along with other finer points taken care of that might not occur in a production line engine.

Anyway my 150K mile V8 AMG engine is still going strong so they must be doing something right ....then again you can see Diesel vans out there with twice that mileage :p

My luck is pretty bad too. It took me a year to decide on gpf delete on my previous car. Felt a massive relief when it went back on. I’m just too much of a wuss for modifications like these lol
Sounds like me when I was younger I really didn’t care but now I’m like no hassle simple life 🤣

Sounds like me when I was younger I really didn’t care but now I’m like no hassle simple life 🤣
After swapping two exhausts and still trying to sell one of them, I've had enough. Went for a v8 and the sound is there. No more faffing about...wait...that secondary cat delete...ah those bloody cats :D

Mine had a dog as big as the back seat. Wet ears all day for me. 😇
Just a thought, as they were A35s, could we have put an AMG badge on them?
I'll get my coat. Taxi!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom