Has anyone dyno'd a remapped E320 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

urmm

Car
02 W210 E320 CDi
W210 the 3.2 IL 6
If so let us know

I have a w211 with the same 3.2L I6 engine as yours and mine dyno'd at 267.4bhp and 413ibft after the remap but it did come with 220bhp instead of the 204bhp I was expecting!

a w210 should see 240bhp after a re-map as I know a guy whos got the same as your car and his pushed 239bhp after he remaped it.

W210 320 CDi are 197bhp standard!

Benzed up, how does the remapped cdi compare to your old E55 and C32?

My w211 CDi is very quick specially low down the revs but top end the AMG's are monsters, they are very different cars, the AMG's are more fun to drive but the CDi is nicer to drive when driving normal because you don't have to rev it so much to get the power a tap on the gas will get it shifting!

plus you will never see 40+mpg on AMG's ;) although people do try as we seen on here:p

I had a quick race with my old e55 which now my friend owns and it's remaped, from 30mph to 60 I jumped about 1 car ahead of him till 70mph then he started pulling away slowly.. it keeps up well with it.

I havnt raced the c32 but it woudnt be that far ahead, probably the same as the w210 E55.

I bought my w210 3.2 cdi last year. I believe it's been remapped and has a decat and exhaust (there used to be a k&n but I removed it as it caused the MAF to die). I'm trying to figure out how much power/torque it should have. It's as quick as my old Passat 1.8t which dyno'd at 260bhp (I timed both from 30 to 70 mph on the same stretch - 5 secs) which weighed about 300kg less. Did I speak to the previous owner? No, but thats another story.

I would love a C32 but too pricey (or for that matter a 211 e55, c63, 300sel 6.3 etc etc)

Last edited:
I bought my w210 3.2 cdi last year. I believe it's been remapped and has a decat and exhaust (there used to be a k&n but I removed it as it caused the MAF to die). I'm trying to figure out how much power/torque it should have. It's as quick as my old Passat 1.8t which dyno'd at 260bhp (I timed both from 30 to 70 mph on the same stretch - 5 secs) which weighed about 300kg less. Did I speak to the previous owner? No, but thats another story.

I would love a C32 but too pricey (or for that matter a 211 e55, c63, 300sel 6.3 etc etc)

Where about are you?

take it to www.west-tuning they will dyno it for you.

thing is the torque on these cars make them seem faster than they actually are, even with 197bhp it will prob beat cars that have more bhp becuase of the crazy torque!

If you are talking about the 204 bhp I6 engine as a base then I think the last one we did came out at 253 bhp & 435 lb/ft torque

Its a 197ps (194hp) model.
Im in the north west.
There is a rolling road near me but i'm just concerned with it being an automatic and with all sorts of electronic leashes. Should these present a problem?

Its a 197ps (194hp) model.
Im in the north west.
There is a rolling road near me but i'm just concerned with it being an automatic and with all sorts of electronic leashes. Should these present a problem?

Yes they do the dash lights up like a Christmas tree but drive a little and they all go out and make no difference to the data you get and wont hurt the car

I put my e320 cdi on the dyno with and without a van aaken tuning box which i had used for about 5 years , the car was pretty quick with the box on, the 0-60 was a little over 7 seconds, the midrange was punchy to say the least and mpg was a little better fill to fill . I also had removed the cats and fitted a stainless exhaust but i doubt it added much

It is hard to get a nice smooth curve as you need to try and stop the box dropping down a gear but i only put the car on the dyno out of idle interest i had booked the dyno time to tune a friends car and we had some time left over so ignore the dips in the charts as that is us trying to drive around the gearbox

Biggest shock was the lack of difference in peak horsepower but with a diesel auto the midrange is the most important anyhow, the increase in torque was what you felt and the bottom line is that the car is smoother and faster which it certainly was

The box makers claim was an increase of 45hp iirc which is true but a claim of 239hp is not, the hp increase is much lower down the rev range

y933wbl.jpg

Hi.
I would like to have mine dynoed also. Problem is, there are noone in the part of Norway where I live who has one. Had my car tuned just after I got it, and it made a huge difference in performance. I have a 280 cdi which has the old inline 320 engine. It is rated at 177 hp, The people who did the job said it would now be between 230 and 240 hp. with a torque of about 530 Nm (390 lb/ft). Sure feels like it.

hi guys, i also have a e320 cdi, would like to have it dyno'd, can anyone reccomend one in Devon ? oh and does it cost alot to have it done

I find 177hp to 230-240 hard to believe but who knows only one way to find out

Just to have it dyno'ed is often between £25 and £100 like labour rates it depends on the garage any work ie remaps or repairs will be extra

There is this guy in Devon

< < < ENGINE TUNER > > >

I find 177hp to 230-240 hard to believe but who knows only one way to find out

Maybe Flanaia1 or someone in the business could shed some light on this?? After all it is the same 3,2l engine as the 320 had. Would it be possible to pump it to around 240 hp ? ? Or have I been scr**ed

If its the same why is it 177hp and not 194?? Is it turbo, mapping what are the differences ??

As i said it doesnt matter what people think the dyno is the only way to know for sure

As i said my 320cdi didnt do 240hp either but felt significantly quicker than stock would easily outpace the later 224hp cars

I guess the difference is the same as the newer 280 /320 cdi. Same v6 engine but different hp rating. the 3,2l was the engine in use up to 2006.
I don't know if there is any difference in turbos, injectors or other parts between these engines.

Maybe Flanaia1 or someone in the business could shed some light on this?? After all it is the same 3,2l engine as the 320 had. Would it be possible to pump it to around 240 hp ? ? Or have I been scr**ed

Never done a 280 CDi but spoken to someone who has they reckon 215 bhp 540Nm absolute max.

So torque is about right but I don't think you would get to 230 bhp. But it does vary from dyno to dyno and operator to operator but what should be the same is the actual bhp increase accross dynos and operators

Had mine remapped and Dyno'd recently. It's a W211 i6 and it was 222bhp and 305 ftlbs standard. After it was 265bhp and 400 ftlbs. Aside from the max numbers the big improvement was that I had 165bhp available at just 2400 rpm where as before I had only 95 bhp at 2400 rpm. The low end torque improvement is the reason and it carries on all the way through til around 3400 rpm.The difference is astounding. It's like a rocket ship now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom