Has anyone else used Bagworld for bespoke luggage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pioneercollector

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL 500
I was watching a car program a year or so ago, with that annoying chap Drew, and one of the cars being restored was a Renault (mid engine? ) from the 1970's, one of the issues was the round front 'boot space' and they used a company called 'Bagworld' to maximise the small space with bespoke luggage sets.

Roll on 12 months and the purchased of my SL500 with quite a large ish boot, but not Mrs PC week away 'large' - I remembered the program and looked them up, really nice chap who owns the company spoke to me several times, ran through the various options and prices. I gave him the boot dimensions and colour and other preferences.

There are cheaper options available, but Mrs PC became involved ( Luggage is her thing ) so she opted for black leather, dark green suede interior and then i added the subtle MB logo and the car marque ( SL - Which also happens to be my initials!! )

They work a treat!

So this is a heads up for anyone with an SL/SLK or any other car with limited boot space and a Mrs!

Attachments

• Bespoke SL luggage resized.jpg
    Bespoke SL luggage resized.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 53
Do you mind me asking how much they were?

Hi there,
Bagworld ( Bagworld | Bespoke bags and luggage ) has many differing options for materials and piping etc, Mrs PC opted for the full monty, and i believe that the 2 x large leather luggage bags, with the green suede interior, and various other options cam to around £240 per bag including VAT and delivery..... Some of the other options were a LOT cheaper!! But i wasn't paying and had no say in the finished product!

Thank you

I have a soft spot for nice luggage and they look great. I’d say that £240 each m (all in) is actually a very good price. They deserve to do well.

Seems dead reasonable considering I paid more than that for some designer £hite handbag made out of pleather. A cheap knock off would probably have been better quality.

I bought these for my SL350. £45 each. Lovely quality and perfect fit behind the seats. Correct size for carry on for Ryanair etc:

IMG_20210506_095157.jpg
IMG_20210506_095012.jpg

Slartibartfast - Can you please give us the make of the bags in question - they look just right for SWMBO.

TIA

NJSS

A brief update I still have had no response from Atena so must assume that they have ceased trading.

NJSS

A brief update I still have had no response from Atena so must assume that they have ceased trading.

NJSS
I got some luggage last year and have used it for a weeks trip to Germany and few smaller trips and it was great, I'll see if I can track down the make and let you know.

Found it, I have these, plus a big long case they make that goes behind the seats, it looks a bit like a guitar case, its ideal for long trousers or if the missus wants to take a long dress for an occasion.

If I can find the long case I'll add it later.

Found it :)

I eventually found the UK site sorry.

Thank-you sooo much.

It's an incredible coincidence, so much so that you would hardly believe it, but I managed, only this morning, to buy an identical second hand "long" bag from Rory "elsewhere".

A question though - do you have a recommendation to clean & preserve both the interior & exterior?

NJSS

Last edited:
Thank-you sooo much.

It's an incredible coincidence, so much so that you would hardly believe it, but I managed, only this morning, to buy an identical second hand "long" bag from Rory "elsewhere".

A question though - do you have a recommendation to clean & preserve both the interior & exterior?

NJSS
Never had to clean them, they only go from the car to the hotel or house so they are still like new. A wipe down with a damp cloth should do the outside and a vacuum for the inside is all it should need.

Noted - many thanks.

NJSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom