Has anyone ever fitted a Remus rear box to a w202 C230K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Hi,

I recently aquired a Remus back box for my 1999 W202 C230k but looking at the original exhaust, it looks as though the back box is connected all the way to the middle box on one long pipe with no break. ie the original back box isn't a separate item.

If anyone has ever fitted a Remus rear box to this model can they please advise on the best way to approach this.

No speculators please.....just people who have done or have been involved in this at some stage.

Thanks

Not sure I qualify your eligibility requirements to respond.

However, you will need to cut the stock exhaust in order to fit the remus. This is not uncommon as many manufacturers supply one piece exhausts, but also supply replacement rear boxs separately as do aftermarket exhaust supplier such as Remus. I believe this was the case for Jimmy when he fitted his Remus back box.

Not sure I qualify your eligibility requirements to respond.

However, you will need to cut the stock exhaust in order to fit the remus. This is not uncommon as many manufacturers supply one piece exhausts, but also supply replacement rear boxs separately as do aftermarket exhaust supplier such as Remus. I believe this was the case for Jimmy when he fitted his Remus back box.

Ouch - didn't plan on hacking my original exhaust to bits.

You have to cut your old pipe to fit the new remus box.

Best way is to line up the remus box and mark the point where the flange on the rear pipe of the remus box begins. this flange will fit over your existing pipe after you cut it, so make sure you don't chop the pipe short.

If the pipes are the same size you can readily buy an adapter sleeve to fit over the joint.

I also haven't actually done this on a 230k to Remus job, so not sure about my eligibility to respond:rolleyes: .......

Last edited:
Ive put a supersprint on an SLk230

Just lined up, cut and welded 2 bolt together flanges on both and short length of pipe to muffler so I could swap back at any time, looks like a factory job.

Exh shop did it in about 40 mins.

Bazzle

Attachments

• P1010001 (Medium).JPG
    P1010001 (Medium).JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 67
Anyone know anyone in London who can get this done for me ?

This is exactly the sort of thing my local Top Gear does, so hopefully they will sort you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom