Has anyone got W211589132200 service update disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rirhill

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Estate
Hi
Has anyone bought the above from the dealer and finished with it and looking to sell it ok?

Thanks Ian

Hi Ted
Yes I have done that but am worried in case I haven't burned it right to cd and it make the command crash.
I have a cd with 7 file names on is that correct. Anyone confirm the names of the 7 files please?

Cheers Ian

I updated mine no problem. I've got the cd in the car so I can't confirm whether there are 7 files or their names. I'll have a look later.

Hi
Has anyone bought the above from the dealer and finished with it and looking to sell it ok?

Thanks Ian

Ian,

I am overseas currently but will check on my return. I know I have every Comand Nav disk for the W211 from about version 3.0 to version 8 or 9 plus the other software updates. Really should sell them all as I know longer have the car :crazy: I am sure this update will be amongst them.

Will be back in a week so if you have had no joy by then pm me.

Hi Ted
Yes I have done that but am worried in case I haven't burned it right to cd and it make the command crash.
I have a cd with 7 file names on is that correct. Anyone confirm the names of the 7 files please?

Cheers Ian

If you don't have the CD case, are you sure your CD is not a burned copy?

I just downloaded the iso file and checked the file names (without burning any CDs), see attached.

Attachments

• W2115891322 files.JPG
    W2115891322 files.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 116
"Software updates for COMAND allow you to add the latest information to the map data of the navigation systems in customer vehicles. In this section, you can download the latest software updates free of charge and burn them to a CD or DVD or save them on SD cards. Matching CD labels and CD case leaflets are also available for download."

I'm by no means an expert in this area - is this saying it is facilitating the ability for the owner to update map data or is it actually updating the map data itself?

Also, are there other updates which they've not listed anyone know?

Just updated mine using TedMartin's link, from v19-something (06/2006) to the current v21.090 (30/2006). I can't see any obvious differences (*) or find any change logs online, but it's good to know I'm up-to-date.

(*) ...except possibly the flag and clock icons next to the distance remaining and ETA figures, which I think may be new.

There are seven files on the disc, and MB's instructions confirm this.

If you don't have the CD case, are you sure your CD is not a burned copy?

I just downloaded the iso file and checked the file names (without burning any CDs), see attached.

Thanks everyone Update is all done. Now only thing is I can't see anything different? Anyone know what changes? I thought it was suppose to show the dest arrival time?

Cheers Ian

You should be able to select distance + ETA under Map, View (IIRC) from a choice of three: that, nothing, or location + satellite info.

"Software updates for COMAND allow you to add the latest information to the map data of the navigation systems in customer vehicles. In this section, you can download the latest software updates free of charge and burn them to a CD or DVD or save them on SD cards. Matching CD labels and CD case leaflets are also available for download."

I'm by no means an expert in this area - is this saying it is facilitating the ability for the owner to update map data or is it actually updating the map data itself?

Also, are there other updates which they've not listed anyone know?

This is not related to map database updates at all. This is a service CD, not even a full CD while maps come on a DVD for the W211.

There certainly are other updates that are not listed here. Unlikely of interest for you though. What are you after?

My gut feeling is it updates the firmware within COMAND.

Occasionally COMAND has some glitches (system becomes unresponsive playing MP3s once in a blue moon) but not knowing exactly the scope of what COMAND controls, and say doesn't just accept input from devices and is really 'the messenger', I'm not sure it will change anything.

I am in IT so there is an element of 'if it aint broke' and mine isn't.

But, if it is a more stable release, I might do it.

I am interested to know what the changes are, or in other words, if it is worth doing - if it only changes a couple of symbols in the SAT NAV system, it's not worth it (for me).

In the W211 the Comand NTG1 system consists of a seperate nav processor in the boot and the Comand NTG1 headunit. The firmware update discs for these two components are seperate.

As DB said these are firmware update discs and do not update the maps. You have to purchase map updates.

COMAND-APS FAQ (NTG1/NTG2)

Last edited:
Argh, I give up.

:wallbash:

Hi Ted

Cheers Ian
Sorry for the delay. If you still want to know, here it is.
CAN00000.CRC - 19bytes
CONFIG.CDI - 1.37KB
DVD5508.CRC - 19bytes
HU00000.DAT - 13.4MB
CAN00000.DAT - 64.0KB
DVD5508.BIN - 1.00MB
HU00000.CRC - 19bytes

I've noticed something since I updated. I can't mute the navigation instructions as before. I used to keep the mute button pressed whilst instructions where given. Not any more.
Is there any other way of doing this?
Regards.

Are you sure? I updated and the mute works as before.
Positive! I normally mute the comand after preparing a route and use the TomTOm with voice instructions. I was unable to do the last time I tried.

hi, i have problem with my navigation ntg1, he is stuck in update screen, he dont accept any command. i tried to install a update from mercedes site with a cd and dvd and he give them out, please hep me, what i need to do to fix my navication

Attachments

• 99156577_2607188539494575_5396224471499538432_n.jpg
    99156577_2607188539494575_5396224471499538432_n.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom