Has anyone had a 55 amg re-mapped?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray d

Car
slk 55 amg
Hi I am wondering if it is possible to re map a 55 r172 to squeeeeze a little bit more out of it. I know it is mainly the turbo boys that can get plenty but was wondering:confused::confused::confused:AND HOPING

The previous owner of my C55 had a Eurocharged map and it made just under 400bhp.

I would expect any remap gains to be low on a N/A 55 engine and not worth it...

Hi I am wondering if it is possible to re map a 55 r172 to squeeeeze a little bit more out of it. I know it is mainly the turbo boys that can get plenty but was wondering:confused::confused::confused:AND HOPING

Mine has been mapped but it's not really noticeable until you go over 70mph!!

I was hoping to feel a bit more torque as I would not be a speed freek but love the push into the seat when giving it a hand full. When I first got a 55 old shape it felt so powerful but got used to it then got the new one and noticed a big difference when lighting it up. Now you would think that 420bhp would be enough but again you get used to it. Want to stay with the slk as we love roof off.

You may get +5bhp to +10bhp.

Better way is to add lightness to the car to improve performance

I think user dyno plots, whilst not the be all and end all, show a significant amount more than that! Most are reporting going from 367 or whatever the standard output is to just shy of 400bhp.

speak to Acid at MSL or Andy at eurocharged , these guys will give you the best options

Myself and, I think it was, Alps have had the off the shelf Eurocharged remap, the one you can load and unload yourself from a laptop. Eurocharged are not known to be liars and they claim 512hp, up from 469, and 563lb/ft, up from 512. Whether you can feel the extra though I can't comment but I hadn't pushed it much before I did it.

I didn't get mine done for extra go though, I got it for driveability which I am very pleased with. The throttle response is definitely improved and the engine is much smoother, especially at tickover. What is always noticeable though, and one thing that I really didn't like with these cars, is the hesitation you get at low speeds particularly annoying when trying to nip out into moving traffic where you would get that slightly stranded feeling followed by too much go. The remap definitely cured that as others with it have reported.

The great thing with one of their off the shelf tunes is that they have seen every combination of climate/fuel/mod going and can pick one that is tried and tested so, any oddities of your own engine aside, you'll be near as dammit spot on. Don't know if they still do but at the time I got mine the also offer to supply replacement tunes for $60 a pop if you ever make any mods.

Obviously this isn't the same as them doing it in person on a dyno, but it's the next best thing if every last hp is not what you're after, with no travelling involved and much less investment (I was very lucky with the exchange rate at the time and they had a sale on at the time too though).

Chaps, there's little point talking about maps for M113 engines when the OP's car is powered by an M152...

Thanks for the replys guys. I am going to reduce the weight of the car by telling the wife she is barred from the passenger seat. If I am not back on the site you will know I tried it and it wet wrong

Go for the remap, it will be cheaper than that !

I didn't get mine done for extra go though, I got it for driveability which I am very pleased with. The throttle response is definitely improved and the engine is much smoother, especially at tickover. What is always noticeable though, and one thing that I really didn't like with these cars, is the hesitation you get at low speeds particularly annoying when trying to nip out into moving traffic where you would get that slightly stranded feeling followed by too much go. The remap definitely cured that as others with it have reported.

The hesitation is from the clutch and will always be there to a certain extent until you go clutchless.

Thanks for the replys guys. I am going to reduce the weight of the car by telling the wife she is barred from the passenger seat. If I am not back on the site you will know I tried it and it wet wrong

Haha epic.

hahaha - very good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom