Has anyone had their AMG resprayed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisCLS55

Car
Mercedes E63
My CLS55 probably needs a respray as the bodywork although free of rust etc. has too many scratches, stone chips etc.

Just wondering if anyone has had their full car resprayed and where and what kind of costs as its something I'll be putting money away for to eventually get done.

Thanks

I have had several cars re-sprayed.

Colour change? That adds to the cost if you want it done correctly - Engine bay, Door shuts, Glass out, floors etc.

A good, top quality body shop will look after you but you pay for what you get.

Give Samir a call at. Home - Vehicle Solutions VSSE Hastings LTD

He can cater for all types of paint and bodywork as well as exotic machinery. He also takes the time to spend with you advising you on how he can work with you to get the result you want.

I have had several cars re-sprayed.

Colour change? That adds to the cost if you want it done correctly - Engine bay, Door shuts, Glass out, floors etc.

A good, top quality body shop will look after you but you pay for what you get.

Give Samir a call at. Home - Vehicle Solutions VSSE Hastings LTD

He can cater for all types of paint and bodywork as well as exotic machinery. He also takes the time to spend with you advising you on how he can work with you to get the result you want.

Thanks, it wouldn't be a color change or paintwork for the engine bay, door shuts. Just the actual body, doors, bonnet, roof, bumpers etc.

My CLS55 probably needs a respray as the bodywork although free of rust etc. has too many scratches, stone chips etc.

Just wondering if anyone has had their full car resprayed and where and what kind of costs as its something I'll be putting money away for to eventually get done.

Thanks

Your looking at around 3,000 GBP

I've only had two cars resprayed in the past and both retained the original the factory colour.

The cost very much is determined by the amount of pre paint preparation the car needs. One of the cars was old and needed a lot of prep work. It was a mid sized car and paint wasn't as expensive as it is now. That cost about £2,500 but it was over ten years ago.

The other car required less prep work and as such just got what painters call a blow over. That cost £1,400 but the quality was not great. It was fine as it was to sell but if you looked close it had a lot of flaws.

I guess in the end f the day you get what you pay for.

Hi,
I think wraps have overtaken resprays, these days.
Cheers
Steve

OK for a colour change on a clean car but I wouldn't recommend it on poor paintwork. I have seen videos of repairs underneath...each to their own

Thanks, it wouldn't be a color change or paintwork for the engine bay, door shuts. Just the actual body, doors, bonnet, roof, bumpers etc.

I took my 124 to Samir for a full "blow over". I ended up with a full bare metal re-spray.

Why? Not because he is a good salesman!! ;ˆ)

1) I trust him as he has painted all of my cars and other members on here.
2) He spent a long time walking the car with me and asking me what I wanted to achieve the car?
3) He showed me bits I hadn't noticed and may not have bothered about, but would notice and bother about with fresh paint applied.

I have seen lot's of people have cars painted who suddenly notice things that were always there. New paint will highlight old dents and creases. Stone chips, look like craters if painted without proper treatment. Paint will sink aver time.

Do it properly and do it once. Samir will detail his costs with you and NOT on here. Indicative pricing leads to indicative paint jobs ;ˆ)

I took my 124 to Samir for a full "blow over". I ended up with a full bare metal re-spray.

Why? Not because he is a good salesman!! ;ˆ)

1) I trust him as he has painted all of my cars and other members on here.
2) He spent a long time walking the car with me and asking me what I wanted to achieve the car?
3) He showed me bits I hadn't noticed and may not have bothered about, but would notice and bother about with fresh paint applied.

I have seen lot's of people have cars painted who suddenly notice things that were always there. New paint will highlight old dents and creases. Stone chips, look like craters if painted without proper treatment. Paint will sink aver time.

Do it properly and do it once. Samir will detail his costs with you and NOT on here. Indicative pricing leads to indicative paint jobs ;ˆ)
My car is still on the original paint and no re-spray has been done on the car to date. I keep holding off fixing my car (both rear quarters need fixing) because it will bug me like crazy if I see any over spray.

However, I will keep this garage in mind for the summer.

is it really that bad? you sure a good detailer wouldn't be able to bring the car back up to standard?

Stone chips can also be sorted without the need a full respray id have thought.

is it really that bad? you sure a good detailer wouldn't be able to bring the car back up to standard?

Stone chips can also be sorted without the need a full respray id have thought.

Bumpers and bonnet could do with a respray a detailer told me who recently detailed it and although it looked great, there are lots of scabby areas. I've been told it's probably more cost effective to get the whole car resprayed rather than panel per panel etc. I'm new to all of this though. I'd say my car's bodywork is about 70% good. No major dents or marks, just a few deep scratches, stone chips aplenty and squirls from prior car washes etc. I'd rather spend a few k on it mechanically because after a detail and valet it looks great, but I'm a perfectionist and want my car to be the best it can, funds permitting.

Impossible to price it without looking at it, but it won't be cheap to do it properly.

Whereabouts are you based? I know a couple of good body guys up here in the North West but only one I'd trust to do a full respray, and he's booked up for most of this year already.

Ideally get a few recommendations in your area from people you know and can trust, have a look at the sort of work they do and then make an informed decision based on your research. Don't forget that the words cheap and respray usually don't belong together in the same sentence. :)

Thanks and I'm based in Newcastle. I've been quoted 1k by one guy and at least 2k by another, I walked away from both as they just don't seem right. I know one guy who is right as he does work on our commercial vehicles, but he'd want 4K and that's too much for me, even though he would make my car pretty much brand new in terms of the body. I might just spend a grand on the bumpers and bonnet and another panel towards the rear passenger door and then get a detailer to do their magic on the rest. Again, I could do all kinds mechanically for a few grand.

£1k-£2k is too cheap for a full respray, if it is to be done properly

A mate of mine's just had his done and he's up that way. (LeeC63) They did a very good job as well.

I'd ask him for you but happen to know that he's snowed in in some obscure part of the planet at the moment. I'll SMS him later though and find out where his was done if you want?

Oh, and like Bob says above, a couple of grand is too cheap for a full job. A bottom half only may be worth considering?

How bad actually is it? It would have to be a rough old car to need a full respray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom