Has anyone had their Mercedes tuned by DMS Automotive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not much help as I haven't as yet. I go in on the 14th of October to have my E63 wagon remapped. Expecting somewhere in the region of 700bhp. I have used them before, they managed to get my wife's 2020 M135i from 306bhp to 400bhp, and it is a complete animal. Unbelievably fast.

My brother took his 2015 M135i in on the same day and that went from 320bhp to 420bhp, again, lunatic machine.

I was very impressed by them, the knowledge they have and the overall service they delivered. I have read some feedback on them that they are expensive, but I managed to negotiate what I think is a very fair deal. It helps if you can find someone to go on the same day and get a deal on a pair. That's what I did with the wife and my brothers Beemers and I have a pal taking his 435D in for a map on the day my E63 goes in.

That is incredibly helpful and useful feedback - thank you very much. Both your cars sound like absolute weapons! A BMW m135i is already a really powerful and light car - I cannot begin to imagine what this will do for it!!!

I have actually had mine done - they aren't cheap but my goodness they are good and knowledgeable. My E400 went from 335 standard to c. 440. Very impressed and loved their set up. Some phenomenal cars in that garage!!!! Just shows the calibre of their work and those that trust them (Porsche 911 GT3's , Bentley GTS Continental, 2 x Astons and a Ferrari)

^ Be careful with all these big gains, especially with the E63 M157 engine.
MSL , who I use, previously remapped these engines to 700+ bhp for a stage 1 tune.
Not any more. The tune is turned down to 660-670bhp now to preserve longevity of the engine. I was happy to leave mine with 666bhp to be on the safe side.

You have heard of the con rods bending due to the design of the M157 conrod small end ?

MSL , who I use, previously remapped these engines to 700+ bhp for a stage 1 tune.
Not any more. The tune is turned down to 660-670bhp now to preserve longevity of the engine. I was happy to leave mine with 666bhp to be on the safe side.

You have heard of the con rods bending due to the design of the M157 conrod small end ?
100% correct. Most stage 1 maps now should have lower boost especially lower down the Rev range. Capped torque low down helps traction, so whilst the headline torque and power figures could be lower, the car is actually faster in the real word as can get the power down. It’s to prevent high heat build up. Also helps the gearbox and drivetrain.

As the engine is getting older and the miles are being clocked up, then a poor remap “could” lead to issues.

I've not personally used them but know a friend that has and he couldn't rate them enough....they do seem to be quite reputable for the Merc stuff

What's the M157 E63 at 660 bhp like compared to stock?

Looking to get a E63 soon too 😁

What's the M157 E63 at 660 bhp like compared to stock?

Looking to get a E63 soon too 😁

It's like driving another car compared to stock. Needs a slippy diff to get the power down. From 50mph> it just pulls and pulls.
Good luck in your search.

Update... Took the E63 to DMS. First run showed 575bhp as stock and after the remap it produced 705bhp and 1100nm of torque (811 ft-lb). To say its transformed the car is an understatement. It feels far more rabid, the power delivery is more like my previous C7 RS6. There's no point in over revving the engine as max output is around 5500 rpm. Mines not an S (so no clever diff) or a 4Matic, so the traction control is busy, but you can turn that all off and as long as you use the accelerator sensibly and not in a binary fashion, managing traction and getting the power down is fine.

Next upgrade will be a diff and maybe an exhaust to release some more noise.

Overall I'm very happy with it, it pushes along nicely.

A Quaife LSD will transform car even more. One of the best mods you can have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom