Has anyone heard of....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all. Ive been generally browing through websites and came across alloywheelexchange.com in which they will take your existing alloys and swap them like for like with another. Has anyone had any experience with them or know much about them?

Never used them but they have been around for a while. Not sure I would be very keen. You have no idea how badly corroded/damaged the replacements were before they were refurbed. I use Wheelworks in Crawley. Very good quality. Same day service. Drop off car at 8am. Pick up their courtesy car. return around 5.30pm. Job done. Much easier.

great idea for a quick job but i would rather stick to my own wheels not a set which have perhaps been stressed through a collision or heavy corrosion

At £384 to swap a standard set of twin six spokes for a W204, not that cheap either!

I only paid about £230 for Rimtec Meopham to take wheels off car, tyres off wheels, full strip and refurbish (Porsche silver paint finish), put tyres back on and balance, wheels back on car. OK, car was with them for 4 days, but I was OK with that.

There's a chap advertises in PCGB magazine, comes to you and swops your wheels for others then sends yours to Lepsons Gillingham for refurb, comes back to swop again once Lepsons have done the biz. Don't know if he also does MB's. He'll even let you try different size wheels while yours are being refurbed, and I believe sells/buys also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom