Has anyone managed to cure DAB problems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neil beard

Car
a very average c350e
Sorry to return to an old Merc chestnut, but it's back to the rubbish DAB they fit.
My c350e has been into the dealership five times now to try to get the DAB to work properly. Each time they seem to fix it but a while later it all goes horribly wrong again.
There are two issues. The biggest is the usual "no signal". In my case, driving on the M4 between heathrow and London (hardly the back of beyond!!). 3 days a week, all is fine, two days a week, complete loss of all DAB after ten minutes listening, and it doesn't come back til some hours later. second issue, you get in the car in the morning and the settings have changed themselves. for example, traffic announcements that were switched off are now turned on. Ive tried asking for the whole thing to be ripped out and replaced, but they won't do that. So my question is, has anyone else found a proper fix to this very annoying problem?
thanks

I had a similar experience with my DAB radio losing signal at random times. Also the sat nav was losing track. Turned out to be an intermittant aerial in the rear screen. Changed under warranty and haven't lost DAB since.

The DAB on our 14 plate e-class is rubbish, always loosing the signal etc.
However on the 68 plate c-class it is fantastic, never drops out and has a better range of stations too.
I just think that the equipment and aerials are better on the newer models.

My DAB on my W212 is pony as well keeps dropping out. Is the DAB aerial in the back window or the one on the roof.

Try unplugging the KOM module. Located between rear seats and boot black plastic strip. Worked a treat for me.

Obviously if your using the live tomtom traffic it will prevent it working, it will not effect the TMC working.

Seems odd that some get these issues and others do not.

My prior car a 2014 E300 Hybrid us3d to drop out from time to time but in contrast my present car a 2016 E350 is faultless other than the odd occasion in North Norfolk where the signal can be week.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try unplugging the KOM module. Located between rear seats and boot black plastic strip. Worked a treat for me.

Obviously if your using the live tomtom traffic it will prevent it working, it will not effect the TMC working.

Hi, is this on a 212 and saloon or estate? My dab is terrible although a firmware update has improved it it’s still pretty rubbish unless on a local station.

My live traffic runs out in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DAB on my W212 is pony as well keeps dropping out. Is the DAB aerial in the back window or the one on the roof.

DAB Band 3 antenna is in the rear screen. Roof antenna is for Band L (not used in the UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom