Has Anyone Run A E220 On Veg Oil!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jrggino

Hi all, just would like to know if anyone has or knows anyone who has run there e220 on veg oil, if they have have they encountered any problems!

Thanks for all replys

Gino

Is it a CDI engine. There are some knoledable fellas on here that know more than me, but the CDi's need some modificaiton to run on veg oil IIRC.

I may be wrong

Is it a CDI engine. There are some knoledable fellas on here that know more than me, but the CDi's need some modificaiton to run on veg oil IIRC.

I may be wrong

The general feeling is that you need a twin tank system diue to the oil viscosity but Wolf and in Germany claims to have a single tank setup that is Ok for SVO.

http://www.journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_TDI.html

If its a CDI then its not worth even thinking about sorry!!!

getting this to run veg would cost over 500 easily and even then its dodgy - stick to diesel!!!

i run E300d (W124) old-school diesel which is OK for this very reason.

Veg oil has no lubricating properties. Unless running in very low diluting percentage, you will pay the price in the long run. Knackered injection pump and fuel injectors. Costly repair.

in malaysia my dad used to own a w124 that ran on any kind of vege oil and diesel too. it was a government project and we ran mostly on palm oil. as i know its totally different but not impossible. now whether or not it is possible to run it in a CDi engine i am not sure. palm oil is really viscous and the car even have a heater in the storage to heat the palm oil in the warm malaysian mornings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom