Has anyone tried 'Poor Boys' Car polish and 'Nutty wax' on their pride and joy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pioneercollector

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL 500
Hi All,

One of my friends shows off his vehicles in car shows, and recommended 'Poor Boys' car polish and 'Nutty Wax' for my Black SL 500, I purchased some from Amazon and applied it last weekend before i drove off to Warwickshire for a week of poking around. I have to say that these products made my almost 20 year old car look like new! Easy to apply, and easy to buff.....

I would recommend this stuff as a viable solution to keeping your pride and joy looking great!

PC

Pioneercollector Thank you i found my El Dorado in polish and will never buy any other type. You name the poilish, and i have had it .I also show my car .But not so much now . My car is out side most of the time and i needed a good water repellant, as well as good shine . So i went for a ceramic wax to try off Ebay .Expensive for what it was .The tin was the size of the top off a jam jar and it cost £10 ..i am now going to order the next size up @ £30 The name is Ultima Ceramic Wax with S102 .No fancy work to do on the car body before you put the polish on .Other than a good wash .

Yep , Poorboys make good stuff at a good price as well .
Lets have some pics

I have used the black hole not the wax though.

Smells nice. If memory serves me right takes a bit of graft to get it off. Looks good on dark cars

Pioneercollector Thank you i found my El Dorado in polish and will never buy any other type. You name the poilish, and i have had it .I also show my car .But not so much now . My car is out side most of the time and i needed a good water repellant, as well as good shine . So i went for a ceramic wax to try off Ebay .Expensive for what it was .The tin was the size of the top off a jam jar and it cost £10 ..i am now going to order the next size up @ £30 The name is Ultima Ceramic Wax with S102 .No fancy work to do on the car body before you put the polish on .Other than a good wash .

Screenshot_20220725-080855.pngbuy 2 , get 1 free . So 90mls for £12 .

I've used Black hole for a number of years on my darker cars, rather than continually machine polishing the paint away. I do usually give a 'new' car a DA polish though when I first get it and more recently I've been using SSR2 and SSR3 (the later is very coarse, but good on tough Mercedes paint to remove defects) and I've been really impressed with it. Sometimes detailing products get a lot of hype and become the next 'in thing' but PB seem to just keep going along.

I remember buying some 'Wet Glaze 2.0' which at the time was the big buzz product. In the end though I had to admit that it wasn't really any different or better than Black Hole if I wanted a glaze/filler. I expect it'll be a long while before I'm taking it to car shows, but my RS2000 is solid single stage black, so I'll probably use a glaze on that rather than try to polish every defect away on it (even if I could). No doubt I'll be using PB products for that too.

I always use Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax, have done for a long time. :)

The Poorboys White Diamond is the glaze for light colours , this was the result with Some Chemical Guys Jetseal on top . My 2009 E class .
007FA4DE-4C0D-4F29-99E4-128858CC837D.jpeg

I have to say after years of polishing using Zymol products that I have now converted to ceramics, you do of course have to make sure the paint is spotless before hand but once cleaned and then treated it not only outshines any wax I have used in the past but it lasts not months but at least 2 to 3 Years, I did a Car 3 years ago that I sold and its still beads and looks decent, makes cleaning a whole lot easier as well, also use it on the side glass and rear if no wiper is fitted but not on the front or an estate type rear with a wiper, have a quick look at the media in my profile the first 3 photos are after Ceramic coating the other 4 are before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom