Has anyone used or have experience of Dynamic Customs? Looking at the SL55 black series kit...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blimey, Looks the nuts, one question i would ask are panels metal or fiberglass. But wow that looks nice, i don't know how you would get on with insurance.

Blimey, Looks the nuts, one question i would ask are panels metal or fiberglass. But wow that looks nice, i don't know how you would get on with insurance.
Insurance wont be an issue, will be covered just like the rest of my mods. It will be fiberglass for sure (or similar) defo not metal

Fiberglass 😱 na too much money for that, run for the hills. I once had a mini with a fiberglass front (ok i know it was years ago, when things were fun) and someone clipped it with their car and from then on it always splintered. Narrow market when you go to sell it.

Im going to ask them what the material is, maybe FRP? Not sure, but I hear you on damage!

There's a short video on their facebook of this kit being fitted, should give some idea of the raw finish.

Wasn't the r230 black series a fixed head rather than a convertible? So do they weld your roof up all in the price?

Wasn't the r230 black series a fixed head rather than a convertible? So do they weld your roof up all in the price?
Why would they do that? Its just a bodykit... clearly I am not trying to "convert" the car into a black series

spend the money on a weistec charger, new wheels, diffusers etc... ultimately your choice but really not worth the money.

I would advise against it, everytime someone gets this done they realise the errors of their way and try to flog the car.

After a few months, chips and cracks will start to appear, you will then be envolved in a endless battle where you are trying to repair the bodywork. Once you have enough you will try and sell it, only to lose not only the cost of the kit, but a large hit on the price your '55 which now is ruined.

They are never made correctly and you will always have issues.

Funny how there arent any close up pictures of the vents behind the front wheels (a known spot for issues)

Also, note how you can see daylight/front wheel through the front bumper:
DSC_0296.jpg

Wheel Arch Liner poking through to the right of the V12 badge:
DSC_0298.jpg

I have no experience of the company so unfortunately I can’t answer your question. Although it is indeed a lot of money, for the amount of work done I would say it’s not enough to do a high quality job and make a profit. I would also tread carefully and view their work up close - both when newly converted and after a few years of use.

Thanks for the feedback and the eagle eye! I certainly would like to see one in the flesh, but after speaking to them they said the following "if you are expecting a factory fit, or have an eye for detail, this may not be for you"
Thats all I needed to hear, moving on...

Thanks for the feedback and the eagle eye! I certainly would like to see one in the flesh, but after speaking to them they said the following "if you are expecting a factory fit, or have an eye for detail, this may not be for you"
Refreshingly honest of them at least.

Fair play to them being up front and honest.

I suspect it wouldnt be worth the hassle of dealing with someone who's very unhappy at spending 10 grand on a job they weren't happy with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom