Has anyone used regtransfers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SarahAnn200

Car
CLA35 shooting brake
Good morning everyone. I have put my registration onto retention and I might sell it as the AMG plate isn't much use if I'm selling the amg.

Has anyone used regtransfers to sell their plate?
I have looked at their website and cannot find out how much they charge. They sent me a valuation and told me how to go ahead and advertise but I cannot get a reply to my email regarding their charges. I just thought I would ask if any of you have had experience with them.
Thanks

I used them years ago. At the time, they offered me a price for my plate should it sell. I accepted the price and they advertised it at a higher price hoping to make a profit (which I was fine with). I sold it privately in the end so no idea if there were any other charges, but don't think there were.

Their selling model may have changed now but that was my experience.

Have a look here, section 5

There is no charges to you as the seller when they sell the plate @SarahAnn200! Popular misconception is that you have to advertise it for what they value it at.
Truth of the matter is, you can ask them to advertise it on your behalf for a price you are happy to receive when the sale completes. Whatever price you agree, RT will stick 20% on top and advertise it at the inflated price. This is where they make their money.

I would personally advertise it on here, eBay, etc first as others have suggested.

I’ve used them for a sale , smooth easy transaction . I have another for sale with them as well .

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. Some great advice there.
I paid £800 from the dvla and they have valued it at £700 so not too far away.
Thanks all for the help

They sold one of my old ones years ago, they said it was worth £1250 or something, I said I was happy with £500, it was up on their site for £2500.
I received an offer for £850(which I accepted), no idea what price it was bought for.
Number plate dealers put extortionate prices on plates.
I was looking to get one from a dvla auction(I wanted 1 of 2 and could only afford 1 at the time, the 2nd one in the auction was my preferred one ). I let it go and it went for £650+ fees.
Next week it was advertised for £16k!!!

Not Regtransfers, and not selling... I bought my plate from National Numbers, albeit some years ago.

My experience was very good, they sorted-out everything for me including the new V5C and two new plates arriving in the post.

This might not mean much to a seasoned plate buyer, but I was a novice at the time and found the buying process extremely easy and efficient.

So yes, these companies do make a profit, but they also provide a valuable service: (a) they advertise your plate for you, and (b) they make it very easy for people who know nothing about private plates to buy your plate.

This means that as a seller you have a much larger audience and your chances of selling the plate and getting your asking price for it increase.

That said, for a plate that is valued at £700-£800 the difference between a smaller and larger audience might not be that significant anyway.

But in essence I would advertise both directly on here, on eBay, etc, and through agencies (assuming they don't demand exclusivity).

I bought from them only...great communication back then....I am sure you have done so but maybe check your spam box and or call them.

Good morning everyone. I have put my registration onto retention and I might sell it as the AMG plate isn't much use if I'm selling the amg.

Has anyone used regtransfers to sell their plate?
I have looked at their website and cannot find out how much they charge. They sent me a valuation and told me how to go ahead and advertise but I cannot get a reply to my email regarding their charges. I just thought I would ask if any of you have had experience with them.
Thanks

I’d suggest first of all putting a classified ad on here , which won’t cost you anything and you have a great target audience right here .

I have had my plate advertised with Primo reg (RCK4X ) for about 18 months , for which they said I could clear £2000. They have it advertised for £2400 . I advised them a couple of months ago that the number was now on retention and I would be prepared to accept £1500 . Just checked and it is still at the same price , and also advertised on other sites, including reg transfers , so I assume a few of the dealers work together .

I have had my plate advertised with Primo reg (RCK4X ) for about 18 months , for which they said I could clear £2000. They have it advertised for £2400 . I advised them a couple of months ago that the number was now on retention and I would be prepared to accept £1500 . Just checked and it is still at the same price , and also advertised on other sites, including reg transfers , so I assume a few of the dealers work together .
Forgive me for asking, but does it mean something? I’m not the best at this 😁

"I have had my plate advertised with Primo reg (RCK4X )"

I had to look twice on my mobile as I have a similar looking R4GXX on retention. Illegal spacing would suggest you love soft tops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom