Has anyone used VDO Repair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rose Chap

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus GS450h
The gear and temperature display in my CLK now has an irritating number of dead pixels.

Has anyone used the services of this company and do they have any comments regarding the service? http://www.vdorepair.co.uk/index.htm

Cheers,

RC

Not used them myself, but I'm sure there's loads of W210/W208 etc owners on here who'd be interested. Wonder if they'd do a 'group buy' or club deal etc? Gotta be worth a try if you can get 10/20+ people interested :)

A mate of mine has an '01 CLK and I know he could do with a cluster repair ;)

Will

I did my father-in-laws W210 last year and it was a doddle!!! I'm sure i'll have the weblinks and pictures if your thinking of giving it a go yourself.

Thanks for the suggestion Will. I'm normally my own worst enemy when it comes to stuff like that as I was going to get the guy to come to my office rather than take any time over weekends, but if enough people respond to this thread with interest I'd have absolutely no problem in organising something.

Smiddyboy1, fantastic! I've read a few guides online on how to do this and whilst it does look straightforward, I'm still really worried I'd end up with a screwed up cluster and a £600 bill for a new one. Even so, pictures and links would be most welcome. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom