Has Mercedes lost it status?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The "7" is indeed a super motor, but an S class is better- my father inlaw owns both.

it's only "beemer" drivers/owners who would do anything so deplorable :D:D

if I type BMW into my computer and spell-check it , the computer suggests 'bummer' .

Says it all , really .

Actually, the 7 is a great car! I had one a while back and enjoyed it a lot. Not so keen on the repair bills, but the drive was superior, IMO. I wasn't too good with the iDrive, but my wife sussed it very quickly - must be the analytical Russian mind! :D

Actually, the 7 is a great car! I had one a while back and enjoyed it a lot. Not so keen on the repair bills, but the drive was superior, IMO. I wasn't too good with the iDrive, but my wife sussed it very quickly - must be the analytical Russian mind! :D

I'm a gadget freak and I like the I-Drive because its fiddly.
I remember my uncle having a test drive of a 530d and I was with him, I learnt how to work it after 30 mins. :D
On another note he bought an E320 CDi AG instead. :D

I'm a gadget freak and I like the I-Drive because its fiddly.
I remember my uncle having a test drive of a 530d and I was with him, I learnt how to work it after 30 mins. :D
On another note he bought an E320 CDi AG instead. :D

I took a 730d out and didnt like driving it as much as a 211. It was too cumbersome, too slow, and although nice appointed and a "notch" above trim wise it wasnt as comfy as my own car I felt and not worth the outlay.

I took a 730d out and didnt like driving it as much as a 211. It was too cumbersome, too slow, and although nice appointed and a "notch" above trim wise it wasnt as comfy as my own car I felt and not worth the outlay.

Was it the E65 or the F01?
Neither of those float my boat styling wise, but then again none of this new styling from BM does. :(
Give me a Merc any day. :D

Skoda Superb Saloon (08 on) 2.0 TDI (170bhp) Elegance 5d DSG £24,870 otr--- retained value after 3 years 38%

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Saloon (09 on) E220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (167bhp) SE 4d Tip Auto £30,160 otr--- retained value after 3 years 46%

Value for money:thumb: or Mutton dressed as Lamb:doh: I'll let you decide.;)

Skoda Superb Saloon (08 on) 2.0 TDI (170bhp) Elegance 5d DSG £24,870 otr--- retained value after 3 years 38%

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Saloon (09 on) E220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (167bhp) SE 4d Tip Auto £30,160 otr--- retained value after 3 years 46%

Value for money:thumb: or Mutton dressed as Lamb:doh: I'll let you decide.;)

thats not fair really.

the superb as a realistically priced Audi/VW without a badge where as the Merc and indeed BMW's are that model only.....

no doubt the Merc will easily outlast the skoda however, the quality is better in a Merc.

and the Superb is C class priced...so thats more of a fair comparison....and the Merc still wins.:thumb:

Mercedes must have retained is status as the question for the last 5 years has been, has it lost it? and we shall keep on asking until it does lose it, then we won't need to ask because we will know!:eek:

it has lost its exclusivity however.

If its lost its status why are we all driving them and happy with them.

Its still 'smeggy' to leave your key on the table at a meeting next to collegues with Toyota, Lexus, BMW etc.

At the end of the day its all about choice, I've had some BM's and they were nice cars. I wouldn't have a skoda simply the name is enough to put me off (sorry owners but your probably having the last laugh) even though sensibly it has all the gadgets a more expsensive car has as standard and its really a VW / Audi in its build....its just what car do you have.....a Skoda....mmmmmm

Nope for now I like our Mercs and the 'badge' status or whatever it is you cannot put your finger on is worth the extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom