Has the new 'E' already been facelifted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmball

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi R8 V10+ & BMW M5
If so, I must have missed the update!

I've just seen an advert for Mercedes in the latest Autocar and the E class pictured had a new design of DRL's in the lower bumper - rather than the L-shape that they've traditionally had, this one had a straight bar going through the middle of the outer grills just like the new facelifted C-Class, CL etc

Ah right - thanks for that!

They can't sell many of those then - I can't ever recall seeing one - I only ever see the Sport and SE's!

only recently released

I see the Sport is £1500 more than AG even though its got Artico & cloth as opposed to full leather in the AG?

It's an Avantgarde. The Sport has the ¬ shaped ones (which have always had an after-market look to me), while the SE has twin round lights down there.

EDIT: you can see all three styles here, if you click on 'Model lines': Mercedes-Benz UK - E-Class - E-Class Saloon

If anything the straight ones going across look like an aftermarket fitment to me, like on the C-Class.

No they are necessary. I believe there is some ruling that all new cars must have running daytime lights by 2011. This is what I have read on the other forum. To do with safety. I think they look quite nice actually.

until recently, both the Sport and Avantgarde has the L shaped DRL

I have noticed an increase in chavs fitting after market DRLs now. They are usually very tacky and dazzling. Idiots.

On the subject though, I quite like the DRLs on my E350 - they make it stand out :)

I think the DRL's look complete on the Audi R8, A5 etc but not quite right on any other car brands currently.

I like the DRL's and hope they do something to make it look more integrated to the original design of the car like Audi did with DRL's and BMW did with Angel Eyes.

I see the Sport is £1500 more than AG even though its got Artico & cloth as opposed to full leather in the AG?

But you get larger alloys, uglier (IMHO exit pipes (on a V6)) and a more bolstered design of seat IIRC. The sports suspension you get too + paddle shift

My ideal 212 is a sports suspension with 17inch wheels (not the staggered set up with the 18's), Xenon, sports seats and paddle shifts and the less ugly exit pipes you get on the AG. And the body kit I couldnt give a **** about, just the sports bits minus the wheels and kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom