Has the World gone mad?

• Thread starter Deleted member 150136
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 150136

What with covid.
Calling actors or actresses or not, to mention one thing.
And numerous other things

Has the the phrase come to reality?

Life used to be simple..
You can't, walk freely, talk freely without offending even if unintentionally.
Crazy elections.
Everything is bad for you.

It just seems the world is going mad.

Everything has to have reason and justification these days.

You can't simply be anymore without someone or something taking offence or correcting you for being human. You have to justify who or what you are.

It's just an observation.

Was just talking about this with Sue. Watching an excerpt of a new musical called "Six" where the writers and stars spoke proudly of how "men were not involved" and how they were "taking back the power" and "striking a blow for women" Sue said that sometimes this kind of rhetoric just puts people back. What the hell has someone's sex got to do with great writing and great performance?

Yes.

But the woke brigade can go and fire peas at the moon.
I know who and what I am and they can say what they like.

It's not for me to keep up with the latest LGFTQWX+-/=Z terminology.

If they are offended they can deal with it and grow up.

I've always maintained I'm offended that some people are so easily offended. ;)

Thought I'd get in before closure. :)

You aren't allowed to be yourself anymore is how I feel.

I like everyone, colour, sex,religion I don't care, as long as they are nice people.

But when it comes to having to be excused for a joke, it makes me sad.

A policeman, fireman....you get accused of being sexist. It gets silly.

A million and 1 other things also.

Nothing specific, but life these days is mad.

If the thread gets closed it just goes to show how mad/sad the world is.
It's in the 'off topic' area.

How certain type of people are dictating and ruining our society.

It's a sad time when NOBODIES control our free speech.

Makes me laugh.
People are to serious.

It would be classic if it got closed and deleted.

You'd have to be very egotistical to close it down when nothing offence or political has been said.
🤣🤣

I find it amazing that people think the thread will be closed.
Why?
Are we not allowed to say certain things?

Who's controlling your free speech? The internet cannot be about free speech just because it's, sort of, free to use. There are many other channels.

It's not about free speech, if I had said something offensive ( which I don't think I have), but people are saying the thread would be closed down, thats what made me go that route.

I'm not trying to get any specific point across, just a generalism.

But people instantly said the thread would be closed....hence my, has the world gone mad.

Blame social media- everyone had an opinion in the past- we just didn't hear it- but what comes thro now is pretty much white noise or static- the cure is to turn it off if its getting on your nerves?

Last edited:
The world has been going mad for many years and it gets madder by the day.

On a specific point mentioned above, I don't get the problem with gender-specific terms like waiter/waitress, actor/actress and the like. They are not derogatory or sexist, merely identifying the gender of the person concerned.

Ive always spoke my mind and always will do if certain people dont like it then they no where to go, i often get a dig off the wife for being out spoken ,but that's who i am no airs or graces and dont pretend to be either

Tell it how it is, give them facts you can't argue with facts, though some thickos would deny this. Heres'an example of a call I had yesterday from mercedes call center some where in England. Hello sir mb here your service is due next month would you like to book it now,? Me yes seems like a good idea. She thank you sir can you give me the mileage?yes 67000. And can you confirm I'll get the auto transmission oil change, and car for the day? Her ,yes sir but the car will cost £18 for the day me,we don't usually get charged, her, you'll need to talk to your mb dealership, and l need your phone number, Me, but you've just rung me, Her, that's your mobile sir, me, yes is that a problem? Her, yes sir we need a landline! Me, but we don't have one, this is our house phone, she's flummoxed, I've had enough, I tell her to speak to my wife she says it's my name on the sevice details. I give the phone to my wife and exasperated with this nonsense walk off. Is it me?

I noticed somewhere the other day that Eddie Izzard is now referenced as a she, does that mean he/she is now a comedienne or is he/she still a comedian, I get so confused. :oops:

I noticed somewhere the other day that Eddie Izzard is now referenced as a she, does that mean he/she is now a comedienne or is he/she still a comedian, I get so confused. :oops:
I don’t understand that one either.

There is a singer called Sam Smith who is a geezer but calls himself a ‘they’. I’m well confused. In my English lesson ‘they’ is more than one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom