Has the World gone mad?

• Thread starter Deleted member 150136
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I suppose they do , but I don't often sit and chat with old French or Greek blokes, but having similar conversations (opinions :) ) chatting with blokes in South Africa , USA ,Canada and Australia in English a good old opinion can often be shared without being called a 'moaner'. just my experience.
You need to hear the French and Greeks complain about:

Politics
Football
Religion
Money
The youth
The music of the youth

Are you seeing a pattern?

The Dutch, Finns, Swedes and Danes we know are pretty unstoppable once they get going and the Americans!!! They are super opinionated. The Scots and the Irish aren’t far behind either.
🤣🤣

Talking of free speach etc i have just read that a guy in Scotland has made some quite disgusting tweets about sir captain tom that reads ,im not going to repeat it now free speach campaigners are complaining that he's getting charged for it. Personally id have kicked him all the way to court ,free speach my A--e🤨

There's North Korea for those of that mindset. Thing is, we'll never know if it's what North Koreans want.

Peer pressure from the media and the internet has never been higher towards our kids as to what they should say, wear, talk like, their sexuality etc. My youngest daughter has experienced the same kind of bullying.
How much of it though is marketing by corporations that found an effective sales tool? Social media is (or can be) just another medium as TV is for TV ads. Are the kids to blamed for swallowing it? When they've seen their parents fall for all the consumerist fads - aren't they just conforming to their upbringing? Is it not the case that the kids actually questioning it are the ones under attack for being 'woke'?

So a guy sends a car into space.
It's open top to let no fresh air in with a fully suited not real astronut sat in the 'drivers' seat, and not listening to the same music track on a loop because he can't being not real.

Same guy spends $1.5 billion on something that doesn't exist.
But it might well be worth a lot more soon, because millions of other 'umans will buy the non existent stuff because he bought it.
This guy has proven intelligence as he can send a road vehicle into space where there are no roads and so people trust in his business acumen.

How you buy something that doesn't exist is cleverer than I can understand so he is far more cleverer than me.

Soon this guy will sell his stuff, that he doesn't have because it 'aint there and a few million other 'umans will lose lots of money as their purchase will be less valuable, even if they didn't have it anyway. What ever it was will be less than the nothing they bought by then.

It would seem that madness is just a perception.

You've lost me on that 1

The problem with bitcoin is not so much that it doesn't exist as the violent swings in value. A currency can't be taken seriously unless it's reasonably stable and predictable. Musk is speculating and hoping his continued support for bitcoin will increase it's value. I doubt he will be followed by many other large companies.

Yes it jolly well has.

Hospital to use terms like 'birthing parents' and 'human milk'

Hospital to use terms like 'birthing parents' and 'human milk'
And if one of those birthing parents happens to have a dark skin they’re four times more likely to be treated badly in the maternity units according to today’s news. A black lady was on TV this morning telling us that she was mistreated because of her colour; her mistreatment was not being given everything she demanded.

And if one of those birthing parents happens to have a dark skin they’re four times more likely to be treated badly in the maternity units according to today’s news. A black lady was on TV this morning telling us that she was mistreated because of her colour; her mistreatment was not being given everything she demanded.
That’s the problem with people who think they’re ‘entitled’.

Last edited:
The problem with bitcoin is not so much that it doesn't exist as the violent swings in value. A currency can't be taken seriously unless it's reasonably stable and predictable. Musk is speculating and hoping his continued support for bitcoin will increase it's value. I doubt he will be followed by many other large companies.

Much like those who hide their ill gotten gains in safety deposit boxes, criminals buying into Bitcoin will have nowhere to go if someone gets into their systems.

I’ll bet there are hackers all around the world trying to crack this, it’s got to be the biggest prize ever. Since Bitcoin doesn’t physically exist, ransom ware would seem the likely way to go...

I think I heard that some hospitals/healthcare units have renamed breast feeding to 'chest feeding' . I do hope I heard that wrong.
That’s just feeding the will of the t1ts

How you buy something that doesn't exist is cleverer than I can understand so he is far more cleverer than me.
All money doesn't really exist ;)

Bitcoin and other similar crypto-currencies, unlike 'real' currency printed by the Central banks is at least a finite resource.

My answer to the central question - The world has not gone totally mad but there are a lot of people stuck in their own skewed version of reality which is being constantly reinforced by social media.

Much like those who hide their ill gotten gains in safety deposit boxes, criminals buying into Bitcoin will have nowhere to go if someone gets into their systems.

I’ll bet there are hackers all around the world trying to crack this, it’s got to be the biggest prize ever. Since Bitcoin doesn’t physically exist, ransom ware would seem the likely way to go...
It is quite an elegant system and wholesale 'hacking' as you put it is not a threat.
The underlying tech, which is now being implemented in traditional banking, is a distributed ledger (Blockchain) which anyone can access and host if they like.
So unless you can change all copies simultaneously, you cannot 'trick' the system.
That isn't to say that some local fraud doesn't happen but that is down to the user actions.

All money doesn't really exist ;)

No argument there.
It used to be backed by a gold deposit, well before I were a lad.
Now of course, as is printed on the US currency "In The Banks we Trust (and the Governments btw).
Just show how flippin' mad the world is to continue to swallow that one, especially as they kept promising they wouldn't do that.

One of my concerns about Bitcoin (and other crypto's) is that , if I understand it correctly , is that the 'money' (key) is 'kept' in your device , so if you lose your lap top (for example) that's you fooked. Hence the story of that bloke who wants to pay the local council half a Mil £ to dig up a landfill site etc.

It's more complicated than this no doubt ,but there's more than one story out there about a piece of actual hardware that has gone missing leaving the owner spending the rest of his life thinking 'what if...'

It is quite an elegant system and wholesale 'hacking' as you put it is not a threat.
The underlying tech, which is now being implemented in traditional banking, is a distributed ledger (Blockchain) which anyone can access and host if they like.
So unless you can change all copies simultaneously, you cannot 'trick' the system.
That isn't to say that some local fraud doesn't happen but that is down to the user actions.
I’ll happily bow to your technical understanding of this subject.

Whilst it will be as secure as they can make it, a teenage hacker managed to penetrate US defence systems from his bedroom, who’s to say the more advanced technos can’t do something to mess things up?

I’m just thinking that whenever there’s a lot of money involved, there’s always someone, somewhere looking for a way to get their hands on it or simply to create problems to satisfy their own egos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom