Has this CLS missed a service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silver1011

Car
2016 W212 E-Class Saloon SE
I'm lacking the detail, as it is a car I'm potentially looking to buy, but until I can see the paperwork this is all I know...

Service 1 - 16,000 miles
Service 2 - 30,000 miles
Service 3 - 56,000 miles
Service 4 - 74,000 miles

26,000 miles between service 2 and 3 sounds a lot.

Is this possible with the variable service intervals, or is it likely it missed a service or was serviced late?

Depending on age of car and how its driven they can go up to 2 years between services. Our CLK nearly always gets close to 2 years but the SLK never longer than 15 months. I think the system changed in 2004, earlier cars were allowed to go for longer time wise between services

You beat me to it! 4 services in 5+ years is just abut ok at every 15 months.

I think the system changed in 2004, earlier cars were allowed to go for longer time wise between services

I think it was more like 2007 / 08 they changed to yearly or 15,500 miles. My old CLK was 2006 model and it was still up to 2 years between services.

I think it was more like 2007 / 08 they changed to yearly or 15,500 miles. My old CLK was 2006 model and it was still up to 2 years between services.

That's correct, my 2005 model is on variable and does go the full two years. But on mine the maximum possible mileage would be 19500, and in practice it's less than that, depending on the type of journeys the car does.

It’s missed a service, it should have been serviced 5 times. My guess is that it skipped 2017, or was serviced outside of the dealer network. That could coincide with going back on a 3 year finance agreement.

Yes, this is from the DSB.

"Time exceeded: Vehicle not regularly maintained.
Mileage exceeded: Vehicle not regulalry maintained.
Vehicle history- Number if missed sevice intervals :1"

There are only 3 services on the DSB, the last at 74k is not there.

Could it be that the dealer serviced it (as in non Mercedes)?

The dates the services were carried out might give us a clue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom