Have a bought a lemon??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ma666

Car
S320 cdi
ma666 said:
Hi Jay,

I'm also a new member of this forum! I have just acquired my W220 last week. Though I doubt it's going to be as rock solid as your 190E... sigh~~~ It has just gone through a service B. Unfortunately, my car has to go back in again for replacing No 1 leaky fuel injector and possible new rocker cover as well! Is this usual as it has done 105k miles on the clock? The dealer has quoted me roughly 440 to do the job if only injector needed. Would this actually be covered by the Mobilio Life warranty you think? it has full dealer service history.

Anyway, I wonder if you could type in the VIN no. WDB220026 and find out a bit more about my car with your wizardry expertise? only if you have spare time.
Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Marvin
Jay73 said:
Hi Marvin

Not good new I'm afraid injectors although not common, Do get changed now and then price for an injector alone is about £200 so the dealer price is realistic when incorporating labour... BUT

I can tell you that the car is an import. (Presuming you live in the UK) It will have issues with anything relating to warranty so check with the dealer 1st.

Its order number 0 1 751 10069
01 (year)
751 (Country Code)
10069 (Batch Number)

Country Code 751 is for BARBADOS and would only be subject to 2 years manufacturers warranty as opposed to the normal 3 years..
Any warranty claims and goodwill claims will have serious implications due to it being an imported vehicle....

Hope this helps??
Now I also noticed it has other trivial problems like only cool air out of driver's vents and clonking noise over bumps(anti-roll bar drop links?) Finger X & touch wood, after fixing all these I can have some peaceful and enjoyable motoring like MB say in their owner's manual. Next time I know I should have also checked the chassis no even though the HPi says it's not an import. Learnt a lesson, hopefully not too costly...

Any suggestions/comments regarding the fuel injector are gratefully received. Many thanks.

ma666 said:
Now I also noticed it has other trivial problems like only cool air out of driver's vents and clonking noise over bumps(anti-roll bar drop links?) Finger X & touch wood, after fixing all these I can have some peaceful and enjoyable motoring like MB say in their owner's manual. Next time I know I should have also checked the chassis no even though the HPi says it's not an import. Learnt a lesson, hopefully not too costly...

Any suggestions/comments regarding the fuel injector are gratefully received. Many thanks.

If the HPI report says it's not an import then I would contact HPI and ask for them to warranty the car and explain why their system failed you. The car won't be worth the value you paid when you come to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom