Have I been over charged?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When my Dad went there he said he buys direct from the manufacture that mercedes use and he has an agreement with them that if the part become faulty they compensate him for putting tham right. I dont mind if he's upgraded the parts just dont wnat to have been over charged for the parts. Maybe should have gone to george fraser.

mercedes lover said:
When my Dad went there he said he buys direct from the manufacture that mercedes use and he has an agreement with them that if the part become faulty they compensate him for putting tham right. I dont mind if he's upgraded the parts just dont wnat to have been over charged for the parts. Maybe should have gone to george fraser.

So the mechanic basically has bought a part from Eurocarparts or GSF, for half MB's prices, then multiplied them by 4!! I would complain, that's seriously taking the pI$$!!

Definately would have been better off using George!

Steiner in Golders Green near the station. Has anyone else on the forum heard of them or know anything about them?

Steiner at the Station

Yep, I know Steiner at Golders green. was stupidly ripped off by them in my Mercedes, they charged ne for a head gasket replacement and i only found out after forking out £1800 later they changed the water pump and cleaned the engine bay. The owner is a big man, a bully also his son intimidates you i was told to F**K off and do something about it when i wet back last year after having the car back 2 days with overheating problems after going to Mb directly. They are a total rip off and smile at you. I have spoken to 3 other people who have been taken by this company and, even after winning in court they still have not received a penny.
nathan

else on the forum heard of them or know anything about them?[/QUOTE]

Try one of the chains like Kwik Fit etc. for things like brakes and minor suspension components. They give you a guarantee and free replacement pads etc. Likewise, shop around for a cheap MOT - doesn' really matter who does it. As for wiper blades etc - plentyo cheap branded blades available online or in shops.

same price for all that as just 2 new discs and 2 pads on my sclass so seems cheap

To compare with main dealer prices:

B service: 207.74

Not In London.

Main dealer B Server is £450-£500 (inc. VAT and applicable discount).

But maybe they have further discounts to older - pre-2000 - cars?

Steiner in Golders Green near the station. Has anyone else on the forum heard of them or know anything about them?

Haven't actually been there, but I can say that they have been around for many many years, at least from around 1995 I think... I see the place every time I drive by.

We are in 2011, this thread is from June 2006... :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom