have I blown my turbo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We are a friendly forum and invite members to post question about, well pretty much anything goes really.

Engines have long gone past a set of spark plugs, a carb and a couple of filters.

Be ye not so scathing of someone just wanting a bit of info or best feel! The OP asked an opinion perhaps girding up is loins when all garages are shut.

Just seen DM'S post 17. Not such a grump after all.

The Tingalingaling comment cracked me up....:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Dieselman for eventually giving your opinion.
I had indeed opened the bonnet and everything looks as it should..

I will first check the boost hoses for splits/popped off etc.
Im glad the concensus is that the turbo 'should' be ok as that was my main concern.
Il let you know how I get on!

I think that if the turbo had of blown the engine bay would be about 2 inches deep in oil :rolleyes:

Thanks Dieselman for eventually giving your opinion.
I had indeed opened the bonnet and everything looks as it should..

I will first check the boost hoses for splits/popped off etc.
Im glad the concensus is that the turbo 'should' be ok as that was my main concern.
Il let you know how I get on!

Sorry for being a bit off Rob.:)

If the turbo blows (pretty unlikely on a 300TD) the car will be engulfed in smoke from the exhaust, so no panic there.

Almost certainly this will be a boosted pipe or at an outside chance the turbo vacuum modulator, but I really doubt you would hear that split and the boost pressure doesn't affect it.
An even more remote chance is the cat has blocked, but I think that is even less likely.

Check the large pipe upto the intake manifold, there is a single bolt from below, which due to being into an aluminium thread can strip allowing the pipe to blow off.
A 6mm bolt soon sorts it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom