Have I gone OTT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OMG, the correctness police will be spitting blood at the thought of another AMG styled Merc out there with an AMG badge :D

Stick with which ever you prefer AMG or A250 are both fine in my eyes. Good to see something a bit different and imagination used, well done.

400ixl said:
OMG, the correctness police will be spitting blood at the thought of another AMG styled Merc out there with an AMG badge :D Stick with which ever you prefer AMG or A250 are both fine in my eyes. Good to see something a bit different and imagination used, well done.

It really shouldn't bother him, but there'll always be one d******* passer by that will point it out

My first car I spent a fortune making an xr3i look like an RS turbo, absolutely ridiculous but I loved it. Didn't fool anyone though, especially at the lights lol

Leave the car alone. It's OTT.

Yeah I'd feel a bit daft having amg badge when it's not one.
Sprayed my numbers black and I'll remove the mg and put the 250 on instead

Don't pay any attention to what others think...do what YOU want to do.......remember one simple thing......most other Merc owners out there are NOT members on here...ergo..they don't sit in judgement upon what you do with your car...it's only the 'experts' on here...mostly purists that give a sh*t...and they don't fill your car up nor make any payments to it's upkeep.

I like your black badges....( tho' your spacing's a bit higgedly-piggedly :D )... but you'll get that right :thumb:

OK so I've re-spaced the A on the back
The A has a 6mm gap and the numbers are all 3mm gap.
I have also removed the M G and stuck my 250 on in stead, I'll post some picys up later

MD5 thanks for the handy tip with masking tape :D:D the over spray was awful :thumb:

OK so I've re-spaced the A on the back
The A has a 6mm gap and the numbers are all 3mm gap.
I have also removed the M G and stuck my 250 on in stead, I'll post some picys up later

MD5 thanks for the handy tip with masking tape :D:D the over spray was awful :thumb:

Nice one.

Will you be getting rid of the diamante studs in the rad grille next?

Will you be getting rid of the diamante studs in the rad grille next?[/QUOTE]

No don't think so why are you ?

Seen a weird one on another forum but didn't do for me.

I'll try find it on flea bay and pass it on Pal
:bannana:

Last edited:
Mods are always a personal thing so it's never a good idea to take people's opinions to heart but you've got the right attitude; if you like it, who cares?

Just keep in mind that with 'decorative' mods, there's a fine line between a nice enhancement and going too far.

Your car looks nice, health to enjoy.

Still don't think I got the spacing right and the numbers are slightly bigger than the A
Ho bugger (",)

Last edited:
The A is maybe a different size because it's from an ////AMG badge rather than an A250 badge. Just take off the "250" and add the "MG" to make it ////AMG as it was before.

Life is too short to worry what other people may think. Especially AMG owners who might have an issue with it. It's your car, not theirs ;)

I don't have an issue with the badge (I do but OP is nice and open about it so I manage to keep myself composed).

But darn it, OP. How hard is it to stick it right?! All this misalignment would drive me nuts! Here's a tip for you:

- Remove all the letters (you will have to replace the adhesive, don't try to reuse it).

- Find some glossy (ideally squared) paper, ruler and pencil. Draw a line (on the paper), lay all the letters above it and space them out so they are visually pleasing to eye.

- Align & realign until you are absolute confident all letters are spaced correctly. Use a fresh pair of eyes to confirm the alignment is correct.

- Take some masking tape and lay it over the letters. Ensure the tape is tensioned and not sagging. Put some more masking tape to build up the thickness. You should now be able to lift the tape and letters will hopefully be attached to it.

- Now cut a new double sided adhesive and replace the old one in the letters.

- Use some IPA to clean the area where you want to attach the badge.

- Stick the badge, pressing on it to adhere it to the surface. Carefully remove the tape, whilst holding the letters down.

Stand back and enjoy. :thumb:

Lol thanks for the handy tips Alx, I sometimes rush things and make silly mistakes oops, I'll follow your advice and hopefully post some picys up with them all spaced correctly.
Cheers Ben

And the sports wing badge I bling it up and stuck it inside my car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom