Have I got to return a lease car with new tyres??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paterson12

Car
CL 55 AMG Kompressor, BMW X6, 1968 Porsche 911 swb
Hello all,

My C250 which I have on PCP is almost due to be returned. As the title says, I presume I have to return it with brand new tyres?
I can't seem to find anything in the contract, I've more than likely missed it!
If so, do they have to be the same tyres as what was originally on the car or just tyres with the Mercedes approved stamp on ('MO')?

Thanks ☺

No you dont. Read the vehicle return standards and it will tell you what is and is not acceptable condition for a car to be returned.

Thank you for that, very helpful! As of yet I've yet to receive anything from Mercedes.

Do they have to be Mercedes approved tyres?
It originally came with continental contact 5 which I removed because I hated them.

It's in the document Simon posted

"Your Mercedes‐Benz must conform
to the original specification of the vehicle. It must have matching tyres (of a size and premium brand, approved by the manufacturer) on each axle, for example, Pirelli or Bridgestone."

Wondering now if I need to think of a different tyre when my rears need replacing? I have Vredstein's on to replace the Contis previously. I found the Contis wore too rapidly, so did a bit of research on here and other places before getting the Vredsteins.

How fussy are the main dealers when you return the car in tyres that are not Continentals I wonder. Although if I don't flip the pcp and instead buy my car it's not an issue of course.

I do not regard the Vredsteins as budget / cheapo tyres by the way, but would the dealership think so?

I gave back my ML and fell into a bit of a trap. Be wary that though the standard may say 1.6mm all round, there must be no feathering at the edges. IE the central 2/3rds on my tyres were fine but in the edges they had worn a little, MB tried to charge me for them.

Wondering now if I need to think of a different tyre when my rears need replacing? I have Vredstein's on to replace the Contis previously. I found the Contis wore too rapidly, so did a bit of research on here and other places before getting the Vredsteins.

How fussy are the main dealers when you return the car in tyres that are not Continentals I wonder. Although if I don't flip the pcp and instead buy my car it's not an issue of course.

I do not regard the Vredsteins as budget / cheapo tyres by the way, but would the dealership think so?

I'm pretty sure the tyres have to be Mercedes approved. So Continental, Dunlop etc.

I'm pretty sure the tyres have to be Mercedes approved. So Continental, Dunlop etc.

Do they always fir MO tyres now? Obviously I'm going back a bit, but my car had Bridgestone's on from new, and they weren't marked as MO versions.

I suppose it doesn't really matter if they do, as MO tyres are no more expensive, but it does limit your choice somewhat.

My lease agreement says the tyres must be of equal premium quality. Mercedes also come with Avon tyres out of the factory, so "equal premium quality" is a wide band.
No mention of MO in my lease documents.

I sent my last pcp car back shod with new fullruns the cheapest tyres I could find. They didn't bat an eyelid.

They never said a word, just looked for any obvious damage that was it.

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat. The wife's ML is due back soon and will need a new set all round.
What's the latest on this and how have others got on with returning their pcp cars?
We will not be taking out a new car with them so I'd assume they'll want to be as strict as they can get away with.
MO fitment all round will be four figures. Non MO will be considerably cheaper.

As long as all four tyres have legal tread depth then you'll be reet. :thumb:

Agreed...the car has to be roadworthy in all respects.

But take many many detailed photos of the car, especially the wheels...they will try it on. Ask me how I know.

Any brand will do providing they meet ten Euro standard. IIRC they have a E symbol inside a circle stamped on the tyre. I bought the cheapest Chinese tyres I could find which met the standard when returning my last PCP and no Issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom