have I made a mistake????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marbletrucker

Car
300ce and VW t25 campervan
Im new here, and ive just bought a 1990 300 ce (as seen on ebay) engine is sweet box works ok. BUT, should it have central locking? how do you lock the seat backs? the sun roof dont work? but it goes like stink. Have I done the right thing

Its sound like a possible duff PSE pump (Cl pump that creates a vacuum)

The car should have central locking , the system is an air system , with a pump under the rear seats . This pump will also work the folding head rests on a saloon . The sun roof and central locking could be a fuse gone , or it could be crosion on the termanils of the fuse ( the 124 uses the old style fuses not the plug-in type normaly found on cars ) this is common on 124 .

I'll trot out my standard line of advice to anyone who buys an old W124.

Visit your local autoelectrician and buys all the fuses you'll need and replace them all after cleaning all the terminals.

Mine had a few gremlins in the first couple of weeks but all working well ever since.

whether u have done the right thing depends largely on what you paid i suppose..... as above - check fuses (replace and clean terminals even if they appear good) and check the vacuum pump. sunroof will either be a fuse or a bad motor

For the seatbacks to lock the doors have to be closed AND the engine running.

It is an MOT failure if they do not lock.

If the MOT tester knows that you have to do the above for them to lock.... unlike mine..... :mad:

thanks for your help gentlemen now most things work. Air pump is a bit sus pasenger door stopped locking and cruise is very lumpy other than that seems a great car.
TIME WILL TELL
Kev:crazy::eek:

If the MOT tester knows that you have to do the above for them to lock.... unlike mine..... :mad:

That's why I always leave a note on the dash for the MOT tester to explain how they lock and to suggest they leave a window down so that he can put his arm into car to test seat back.

Just to say I got a workshop disk off Ebay covers all mercs and its brilliantebay number 290305366707 its not just the pages from A haynes manual its a full interactive book. For £5.90 its well worth it:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom