Have I seen the next E-Class Coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erisaman

Car
Audi
We've all heard or read that the new model E-Class Coupe is to be released in January 2017 - and it's been suggested that Dealerships throughout the country will get to handle the new car at the end of May / early June.

Driving into Cardiff today I came up behind a fabulous Mercedes Coupe - no model insignia on the boot lid, all four windows fully recessed (lowered) and definitely NOT an E-Class, the rear wheel arches being bulbous but no sign of haunches. Oh ..... it was Black and on a '16 plate.

Are there any other Coupes in the Mercedes portfolio which feature no B pillar, frameless windows front and back ..... and a gorgeous backside?

Frustrated that my camera was close to hand but no way to snap even the briefest shot.

It crossed my mind but the mental pic reflects the design but not the size - the Merc I saw was more .... compact width-wise.

Coincidentally I saw an S-Class Coupe just 50 miles from the one you saw but in a different colour.

I too assumed it was a C or E Class at first glance, the size is deceptive, I was impressed at how high the waistline/door tops were.

If it was an E Coupe it wouldn't be registered on a 16 plate. I've seen the E Coupe in the flesh and to be honest, I doubt there will be any in the UK until next year, even with disguise. It was probably an S Coupe

Ok, I bow to you S class aficionados, I got it wrong.

I initially thought / hoped it was the C class but it's the absence of that B pillar and having frameless windows front and back which throw out that thought .... unless you know better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom