Have they made a mistake or has some idiot stuck the badge on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hasnt got an S600 grill either.

2563192932_9528e5c87e.jpg

"Badge engineering". Knew someone who rearranged the 240 badge on his CLK to read 420. He had no clue that such a thing did not exist. Looked such an idiot.

"Badge engineering". Knew someone who rearranged the 240 badge on his CLK to read 420. He had no clue that such a thing did not exist. Looked such an idiot.

That's an idea - I should do that with my 220...

Much better to go the other way with badge engineering imho. I owned an S72 briefly and had the v12 and AMG badges removed and an S320 badge stuck on the back. I think I might do the same to my current S600. Nobody would want to race it badged as an S280!

re the car in the ad. A real facelift S600 would also have a two tone nappa interior.

It's clearly a S320 and not an S600 - no grill, no two-tone leather, no V12 badging on rear pillars. In any case, look it up on one of the multiple reg look up sites.

The other mistake (IMHO) is that the mileage is easily missing a '1' in front of the 49,000 miles (look at the seat wear), if not higher miles than than.

And it's seems very odd that it doesn't have parktronic - which I am almost certain was standard on those later W140's. Could it be an import as well?

The correct price should be more like £1,750 or less

If you go for it, check it out very carefully. In fact if I had a pole for barges, I wouldn't touch it.

Last edited:
It's clearly a S320 and not an S600 - no grill, no two-tone leather, no V12 badging on rear pillars. In any case, look it up on one of the multiple reg look up sites.

The other mistake (IMHO) is that the mileage is easily missing a '1' in front of the 49,000 miles (look at the seat wear), if not higher miles than than.

And it's seems very odd that it doesn't have parktronic - which I am almost certain was standard on those later W140's. Could it be an import as well?

The correct price should be more like £1,750 or less

If you go for it, check it out very carefully. In fact if I had a pole for barges, I wouldn't touch it.

IIRC Parktronic only came standard on the LWB models.

Much better to go the other way with badge engineering imho. I owned an S72 briefly and had the v12 and AMG badges removed and an S320 badge stuck on the back. I think I might do the same to my current S600. Nobody would want to race it badged as an S280!

re the car in the ad. A real facelift S600 would also have a two tone nappa interior.
lol.used to do this in the old days with my VX2300 Magnum's. stick a viva 1300 GLS badge on the back,,,,was always good for a laugh!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom