Have you ever met anyone famous?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Taught Twiggy how to drive 1967. She got me a job with David Bailey, I was with Bailey for three years. He was doing a book on the swinging sixties so met to many to name. A great time was had by one and all and it was swinging :D

She married one of the Candy brothers and yes not sure what attracted her to the multi-millionaire;) He seemed to think he was one of the Krays right down to whispering threats in your ear!

She's not exactly a "nice" girl from what I've read either actually although how true is difficult to know.

He probably has SMS.

In no particular order:

Duke of Westminster
Madonna
Michael Caine
Michael Flatley
Hugh Grant
Jemima Goldsmith
Goldie Hawn
Kurt Russell
Peter O'Toole
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Emir of Bahrain
Jimmy Choo
Michael Winner
Imran Khan

Edit: forgot Tim Piggott-Smith

Last edited:
I used to walk to school with Len Goodman when I was 12/13 yrs. I'd knock his door at ten past eight in the mornings his mum Lou would get him up, leave him a cup of milky coffee and go off to their greengrocers shop, while he got dressed I'd play Elvis records on his radiogram, we never had one at our house until I was about sixteen. My mate Brian went to Dartford Grammar when Mick Jagger went there, he said he was a skinny little runt who often got punched at playtime.
Years later I watched Len in a dancing competition at the Royal Albert Hall in London in a box, with his mum and Alec his stepdad. in the interval I met Joe Bugner the boxer, in the corridor, and got his autograph, an enormous bloke very tall and wide, but a nice chap. Met Hardy Amis the Queen's dress designer a few times in the late sixties, he'd bought a big three storey house in Eldon road Kensington W8, we replumbed and heated it, he had offices and tailors shop in Savile Row Chelsea, he was a bigger Queen than Elizabeth.

helen wood, one of the 2 prostitutes wayne rooney shagged although i didn't see her for the same reason, she was staying in the same hotel in london

a friends daughter got a cuddle and selfie with comedian lee evens at a service station late at night a few years ago

Met Hardy Amis the Queen's dress designer a few times in the late sixties, he'd bought a big three storey house in Eldon road Kensington W8, we replumbed and heated it, he had offices and tailors shop in Savile Row Chelsea, he was a bigger Queen than Elizabeth.

He nonetheless had a distinguished record in WW2 during which he carried out very risky work for SOE behind enemy lines - the sort of activities that required a lot of bottle since capture would have meant a lingering and painful death at the hands of the Gestapo and which were not what you might expect of a stereotypical "queen".

Last edited:
Lots of celebs on the streets of Manhattan and London. Notably a very cool but sad looking Fonz on the NY subway and for a while I lived next door to the very beautiful and fine boned, Helen Hunt on West 48. Shared a beer or two with Madonna and David Soul in HK. A lift with Prince Edward and his entourage in the Channel 4 building. Another lift with Nigel Lawson in Marble Arch Tower :confused:. And ... a pissed Alex Higgins, no make that a paralytic Alex Higgins, who tried to pull my Mrs in the Wembley Hilton.

Edit: And how could I forget this, as an 18 year old was offered the opportunity to be Frankie Howard's bodyguard. :D

I met (very briefly) Rowan Atkinson in the paddock at the Goodwood Revival a few years back, but he was too busy being famous to have the time to talk to anyone.

I was standing next to Elizabeth Hurley in the check-in area at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. I didn't recognise her because she was wearing a headscarf and large, black sunglasses.

My wife and I were having tea in a garden centre in Surrey when Damon Hill with his wife and kids sat at the table next to us. It was clear that many people in the cafe recognised him but everyone was polite enough to leave him alone as he was out with his family.

I went to buy some paint with my Dad many years ago, he presented his debit card and the shop owner did a double take of the card and said 'not THE John Smith? (not his real name, there's loads of John Smiths that would be stupid)

Dad had no idea, I had no idea and I still don't. I've just googled his name and there's no one really famous on there.

Mick Hucknall and his then girlfriend shared a lift with me at LHR T3 up to the car park a few years ago.

He still talks about it to this day.

I was at the same school as Hucknall. (Haughton Green, Denton, Manchester.) he was/is a good few years older than me but a right cockey bugger even at that young age.

When he made it big he went even worse. :fail:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom