Have you ever met anyone famous?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not me, but Daughter No1 has met the Queen twice, Charlie at least once, (Clarence House - to receive her Afghanistan Campaign medal -we were there) and we all were in a roped off area with the chief of the joint armed forces (whatever his official title was) when she passed out at Britannia RN college, where she gave him some good advice.
She was also one of the few naval ratings to attend the Queen Mother’s funeral.

I was at the same school as Hucknall. (Haughton Green, Denton, Manchester.) he was/is a good few years older than me but a right cockey bugger even at that young age.

When he made it big he went even worse. :fail:

He was how should we say, vertically challenged, and had very red hair.

I think he is saying that during their brief meeting in the lift the thing that struck him most was the fact that he was a short-ar$ed ging-ah.

So would he have described Usain Bolt as a lanky black man?

So would he have described Usain Bolt as a lanky black man?

That's a very good point.

There's far too much anti-ginger prejudice and blatant heightism on this forum and we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

But I'm not.

That's a very good point.

There's far too much anti-ginger prejudice and blatant heightism on this forum and we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

But I'm not.

Your post started off very promising.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It’s true. I’d love to be a shortar5e. I’m sick of the prejudice that comes with being big and tall. Folks cross to the other side of the road when they see me. Heaven knows what they think I’m going to do. And it wasn’t til I got a new puppy that things started to change. ‘Can’t be an axe murderer, he’s got a cute black and tan Spaniel’.

But, I wouldn’t like to be as short as Ronnie Corbett. We shared a Sushi queue in Harrods many moons ago and he couldn’t see over the high glass counter. You know the type, almost 5 feet tall with a big glass bowed front showing off the produce.

He looked like a little kid but despite this had huge presence. Height, or lack of it, is something it’s difficult to make out on the telly. You hardly ever see Tom Cruise in a group shot for example, and if he is, he’s blocked up on something from the wood yard, or wearing a particularly elevated pair of Cubans. Love his films though.

I work in the West End so see them out and about doing errands or leaving BBC after interviews

David Gest, he was one of the most pleasant people I have ever met, I taped him on the shoulder while he on his phone and asked for a picture

Lionel Blair, although I not sure if he is famous anymore?

Fern Cotton, she is a corker.

Nicholas Lyndhurst, (Rodney from Only Fools) he was really miserable, but obliged for a picture

Linda from Birds Of A Feather outside McDonald's

Agyness Deyn the supermodel, she really had to crouch next to me haha

Tim Westwood at a Kayne West concert (before he went nuts)

Melvin from Kiss

The greatest for me though and one of my heroes was Billy Ocean really made my day he was great

Matt Smith when he was Dr Who

The worst was Michael Johnson, the Olympic Gold Medalist, he palmed me off on 2 separate occasions just didn't want to know

Would love to meet David Jason and Denzil Washington

Some years ago, we were stranded in France. Getting back to Dover involved a bus, train and eventually a boat. On the bus we met this lovely coloured American lady. During our chat, she said she was on her way to Covent Garden to sing. We parted company on the boat. Later walking round the boat, we saw a long queue of autograph hunters. They were getting the autograph of our 'friend'. She waved to us and shouted ' Hi Guys'. One of the autograph hunters asked did we know her, we said yes, she is a buddy of ours. The person asking was amazed.
Who was the lady singer? Sorry, haven't a clue.
Once met Van Morrison- a miserable wee s....

Not sure of the relevance of the above tbh. :dk:

Sensitive soul :)

If asked by the police "Could you describe the person you shared the lift with " I would reply "Yes, he was vertically challenged with red hair" which is as accurate and truthful a description as you could provide.

If you are hinting that I am prejudiced against red haired people you couldn't be further from the truth :p

I was at the same school as Hucknall. (Haughton Green, Denton, Manchester.) he was/is a good few years older than me but a right cockey bugger even at that young age.

When he made it big he went even worse. :fail:

Not sure why you would want to watch somebody play with themselves but each to their own :(

Sensitive soul :)

If asked by the police "Could you describe the person you shared the lift with " I would reply "Yes, he was vertically challenged with red hair" which is as accurate and truthful a description as you could provide.

If you are hinting that I am prejudiced against red haired people you couldn't be further from the truth :p

The spectre and stupidity of political correctness is all pervasive when you are challenged for accurately describing the features of a person without being disrespectful.

Stayed in a hotel in Birmingham at the weekend and the lifts had a mind of their own and didn't seem to stop at my floor in the morning. Took it all the way to the top 18th floor then down to reception. The doors opened at the 18th floor with me swearing and I was greeted by Paula Radcliffe, Mark Foster, Colin Jackson and Denise Lewis who all bundled in to go down for breakfast.

Used to work for a security company driving/chauffeuring not too long ago and was driving Michael Barrymore around for a few days. Nice guy.

Someone mentioned Bucks Fizz... Cheryl Baker (stage name) is my aunt.

Sir Alex Ferguson, Eddie Irvine, Alex Higgins, Jimmy White, Phil Taylor, Juan Mata, Ryan Giggs, Norman Whiteside, Richard Burns, Bertie Fisher.
I actually played a single snooker match with Higgins as a charity event. He was still "normal" then, met him again in his latter years and he was a bit of a nasty whore.
Bertie Fisher, I actually had the pleasure of being a passenger in his Impreza at an event years ago in Enniskillen - Quinns Quary.
That was an experience I can tell you

Clearly we don't share the same sense of humour :doh::dk:

Yeah Ants humour tends to actually be funny... :eek::p:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom