Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice 70s chrome bumper 911 with a roof rack passing my house today

i saw a hillman hunter yesterday it was mint not often you see them
You've taken me down memory lane, I used to drive one in the early 70's,my dad had a humber sceptre (same body shell) a friend had a sunbeam rapier.

About 2 years ago I was driving into Norwich on the A146 and coming out of Norwich was one of these absolutely stunning machines, a Fisker Karma, same colour as this :)

1619280515512.png

Not knowing much about these, I’ve just looked it up and at the moment there’s one on sale for £220k and another (in the above ‘Peony Red’) for £265k!!
I'd never heard of a DB2 before. The guy has owned it 20 years and had it resprayed back to it's original colour from green.

I'm sure a red C204 c63 black edition has just driven past my house!

Not knowing much about these, I’ve just looked it up and at the moment there’s one on sale for £220k and another (in the above ‘Peony Red’) for £265k!!

Cough. Strictly an Aston Martin DB2/4 MkII. They've recently sold at auction for just shy of $400k - that's actual, not asking - but in 2021 you'll be able to pick one up for less than that.

Used to be capable of a ton in 1958, but you might struggle to achieve that these days.

Looks great but like the Bond's DB5 (at twice that price), you really wouldn't want to drive one. Clumsy, heavy, running hot, unreliable, not something you'd trust to do a couple of hundred miles.

But awfully pretty - "most desirable of cars."

img_1483-jpeg.112072

d14f1ccab36415bf92528a314340530a.jpg

Cough. Strictly an Aston Martin DB2/4 MkII. They've recently sold at auction for just shy of $400k - that's actual, not asking - but in 2021 you'll be able to pick one up for less than that.

Used to be capable of a ton in 1958, but you might struggle to achieve that these days.

Looks great but like the Bond's DB5 (at twice that price), you really wouldn't want to drive one. Clumsy, heavy, running hot, unreliable, not something you'd trust to do a couple of hundred miles.

But awfully pretty - "most desirable of cars."

img_1483-jpeg.112072

d14f1ccab36415bf92528a314340530a.jpg
They’re lovely, but I’d choose a contemporary Alvis, which sell for 90% less.

They’re lovely, but I’d choose a contemporary Alvis, which sell for 90% less. that money, I’d get my hands on an xk150 and a lovely pair of Bristols

Aye, likewise for that era I’d have to put my hands on an XK150 and a lovely pair of Bristols.

Quite a few cars out today, grabbed a video when stopped at Tyndrum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom